Map of City with Site 1 Layout - Balto. City

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacGnG

I'm trying to figure out which frequencies is my local police department. I'm in the city near Catonsville, right on the line.

It would be helpful if there was a map of the central counties and the city with an overlay map of which frequencies were their specific police department.

I work in Woodlawn, so I know to listen to Woodlawn OPS in Balto County when I'm there but when I'm in the city I'm not sure which frequency is the police for where I'm located. My parents are in NW Baltimore, so I listened to that when I was there yesterday.

For example, there was a car that crashed into the CVS downtown yesterday, but I wasn't sure which district in "Site 1" in the city to listen to.

Hope this makes sense. Any help would be great.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
Also, in general, in the Baltimore Metro area, police departments are county-wide. For example, the Baltimore County Police Department handles all of Baltimore County. Baltimore City is likewise. If you're interested in which districts/precincts, there are maps in each county's RRWiki page.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
The "Site 1" that your refer to is actually the Baltimore City simulcast. It is actually a series of 9 radio towers that covers the whole city. Each frequency listed under "Site 1" is broadcast from each tower simultaneously so city-wide coverage is pretty simply.

Status
Not open for further replies.