Map of SE Wisconsin Fire Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
Thanks - updated!

I didn't have Jefferson County entered, which is why Palmyra wasn't on there. I added them and will finish Jefferson County soon.

CrabbyMilton

Excellent work and I'll keep that in my bookmarks. Sad to see so many MFD stations either closed or dormant. MFD Engine 25 is still used for the Milwaukee Fire Bell Club but it should have been kept open since Tosa doesn't have a station nearby. They could have used it as a shared service station. Oh well, perhaps one day we will have more common sense around Milwaukee County and care about public safety.

kylem1229

Premium Subscriber
I made a Google Map of all fire stations in SE Wisconsin.

You can find it at:
SE WI Fire Stations - Google My Maps

Josh
Very Nice!
Just some minor updates in the racine/kenosha area for ya if you want to keep it updated

Kenosha. Station 5 on Washington & 3 on roosevelt closed and merged into a new fire station. Station #1- Address 2210 52nd st. Just opened a couple months ago.
Randall also has a 2nd station at 38820 93rd St

South Shore also has a new fire station just built last year. Station #7 at 1221 N Emertsen Rd, Mt Pleasant.

Town of Delevan also has some unmarked fire stations on the map - 6095 Bailey Rd, 2704 County Trunk O, 2000 sage rd

The st francis fire station has moved to 3400 E Howard Av

CrabbyMilton

I can't speak for him but perhaps that's useful and interesting information for many. But thanks for asking.

ecps92

It is just like those of us who listen to Maritime vs Public Safety vs your local Taxi or School Bus - each to their own, but it
can enhance your listening perspective.

Having a map of where a Fire Station is can be handy for monitoring

Surprised at this type of response from a DB Admin
I need to ask: Why did you do this and for what reason? What could possibly be gained from doing this and then sharing it here? I don't get it.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
It is just like those of us who listen to Maritime vs Public Safety vs your local Taxi or School Bus - each to their own, but it
can enhance your listening perspective.

Having a map of where a Fire Station is can be handy for monitoring

Surprised at this type of response from a DB Admin

Why surprise? It's posted for all to see on the internet and therefore subject to question/comment, regardless of my being a DB admin or not. I'm not raining on his/her parade, or reporting it, or poopoo'ing it - just asking a question.

I will readily admit that as someone who has been in public safety a long time, both law and fire, I don't see the world the same looking from the inside out as others do from the outside looking in...but that doesn't mean I can't ask questions.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
I need to ask: Why did you do this and for what reason? What could possibly be gained from doing this and then sharing it here? I don't get it.
Why does RadioReference keep a database of frequencies, talk groups, etc.? Knowledge sharing. Isn't that what we're here for? Is this not relevant information to the monitoring hobby? I've been a significant contributor, a paid member, for some time. I'd expect this sort of thread hijack from a newbie, not an admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.