Maple Flag, May 16th to June 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if it is related or not, but this afternoon there was a military airplane landing at Calgary. My knowledge of military aircraft is limited but doing a google search brought up a plane that looked similar to the one landing. The plane was similar to the Boeing C-17 Globemaster. I could not see the insignia so not sure what country it belonged to.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I would say yes. I just could not see any insignias when it was coming in.

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, I just happened on this thread by accident kinda lol, there is going to be some AR (Aerial Refueling) action by the sounds of it, I believe I heard OILER71, and he said he would be conducting AR's this morning. Im not sure where or when but he just took off from CYOD (Cold Lake).

I've been listening in on the training/Maple Flag for the last couple weeks, and there has been tons of activity, I'll post some of the audio below, and then more later when I have time to go through all the recordings.

I dont have any freqs to add as yet, but I am searching as I type, so hopefully I can add something later. All the traffic I have heard has been on the freqs listed in the RR DB for Cold Lake, so make sure you have all of them in your scanners if your trying to listen in. I pick them up quiet well from Bonnyville, and have even been able to hear them as far away as St Paul/Elk Point, over to Athabasca, and even down as far south as Boyle, and a bit further, depending on how hi up I was during my travels for work.

https://audioboo.fm/boos/2194502-maple-flag-2014-05-22-2014-001

edit: OILER or a C-130 sounding aircraft just passed over my station.

Last edited:

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
CHEETAH's (Alpha Jets, possibly Top Aces) are using 245.5, 243.5 too I believe, and I heard someone talking on 268.3, might have been OILER.

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
MURDER01 is on 316.3, talking about weather on his way up here from base, so maybe American aircraft of some sort?? I have 316.3 listed as 104th FW.

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
Refresh your page, had a few posts in the last 5 mins with freqs, and YW :)

Edit: CHEETAH74 reports he is heading for Wainwright. MURDER01 is joining formation with CHEETAH74.

Last edited:

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the updated frequencies. I am hearing a lot of activity from downtown Edmonton.

Sweet! And now worries, let me know if you hear any freqs called out.

Got traffic on 227.5 now (listed as 101st ARW in my scanner, but thats probably wrong, I have a lot of stuff labeled from out on the east coast, 101st are based out of Bangor, Maine lol).

Just heard HITMAN say he was complete AR, and heading back towards Conklin I think he said.

Last edited:

mciupa

Database Admin
If someone wants to throw together a database submission, I'll update the DB. :)

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
If someone wants to throw together a database submission, I'll update the DB. :)

Will do, I'm just now really getting in some good scanning, wish I had a second scanner running lol. I'll do something up later today with what I find.

Edit: got NIGHTMARE49 talking to tower now.

Last edited:
This is where having a spectrum display would come in handy. I am sure a lot more frequencies are in use. Being able to see a chunk of the radio spectrum would help in finding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.