Mapping out coverage area

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way that I can use Google Maps or something to plot out and edit the areas for which I can listen to on an ongoing basis?

I would like to mark with a pin and explanation etc. similar to those FleetNet maps were like that were floating around before.

Basically mapping out how far my tower locations etc that I can hear on a regular basis.

What suggestions do you have that can work for me with this?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way that I can use google maps or something to plot out and edit the areas for which I can listen to on an ongoing basis?

I would like to mark with a pin and explanation etc. Similar to like what those Fleetnet maps were like that were floating around before.

Basically mapping out how far my tower locations etc that I can hear on a regular basis.

What suggestions do you have that can work for me with this?
Download Google Earth Pro

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
You can build your own Google Map page with pins here: Sign in - Google Accounts

Last I used it I remember you could draw circles or squares on it, which I’ve used to mark down coverage areas before (for things other than scanning).

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the link Just tried Google Maps it works about the same as Google Earth Pro, both are good at making a map of all the frequency sites and seeing them on a map.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Side question, how does RadioReference determine the red receive circle? (for example 30 miles) is it a rough estimate based on tower wattage/location?

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
I went in and can’t seem to draw a radius in it, really thought I could at one point... weird

It looks like you can create a radius on other sites and export as a “KML” file then import it into your map.

Wish Google did it by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.