Marathon (nee Tesoro) Golden Eagle Refinery - Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber
I've been noticing for a while that I no longer hear traffic on the Moto system from the former Tesoro refinery. It seems that with the new ownership by Marathon they may be switching to a DMR system, since I now get a DMR T III control channel on 938.9625 MHz. Has anyone had any luck (or reason for) monitoring Marathon in recent months?

I rarely listen, but if something goes BOOM it's always nice to have the option, since I live a mile or so from the fence.

Thanks all.

daniel18522

I'll sometimes turn on that system when driving by on 680. I haven't heard any traffic on it in months. The refinery is now “Indefinitely Idled” according to this claycord.com article. The Valero refinery in Benicia is still using conventional UHF. Their signal gets out pretty well. I'll tune in when I'm working in the industrial park.

code3cowboy

They are shutting down and going to become a terminal operation only. Scaling back from 450 employees to about 75.

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber
This has been going on since long before they made the announcement that they were "idling" the facility. The Motorola CC has been gone for quite some time and now there is DMR traffic on some of the channels. I've been listening a bit since the original post and it does sound like refinery type traffic on the DMR channels. It seems they are using a Type III DMR system at what's left of the refinery. CC is consistently 938.9625 with voice traffic heard on 938.975 and 938.9875 for anyone interested. I'll submit to the RRDB.

Status
Not open for further replies.