officer_415

Database Admin
I was in Martinez today and did not hear this system:

I did, however, hear a Capacity Plus system on the same frequencies:

Cap+ Site:1 DCC:4
LSN 1/2 - 938.9625
LSN 3/4 - 937.9875
LSN 5/6 - 935.1875

Does anyone have more info? Did they replace the Tier 3 system with a Capacity Plus system?

officer_415

Database Admin
I've added the Capacity Plus system to the DB, and I will deprecate the Tier 3 system. I've also created an Oil Refineries section on the Contra Costa County page. Anyone with more info feel free to share here or submit to the DB.

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber
Agreed. I haven't monitored the Marathon system in a while, but as of today I no longer hear the Tier 3 control channel. What I have heard so far today agrees with what you have entered in the DB.

KN6HLC

Is anyone continuing to hear this system? I’ve been looking for it using an SDR (rtl-sdr) to try to listen using SDRTrunk, and I’m not even seeing any signal on any of the noted frequencies, let alone having any success decoding it. This is as of 4/15/23.

KN6HLC

I realize I probably should have explained a little more. The new system (Marathon Martinez Renewable Fuels Trunking System, Martinez, California) is the one I've been looking for and having no luck. I did find DMR traffic that did seem to be from this facility but it wasn't on the frequencies listed at Marathon Martinez Renewable Fuels Trunking System, Martinez, California, it was on 938.9880 instead. I'm also quite a newbie at scanning/decoding with SDRs, so I may just not even be doing this correctly. If anyone else is hearing traffic for this refinery on that same frequency then I'll submit a suggestion to the database, but since I barely know what I'm doing I'm going to hold off for now unless someone else is hearing the same thing. And anyway thanks for the response.

officer_415

Database Admin
I did find DMR traffic that did seem to be from this facility but it wasn't on the frequencies listed at Marathon Martinez Renewable Fuels Trunking System, Martinez, California, it was on 938.9880 instead. I'm also quite a newbie at scanning/decoding with SDRs, so I may just not even be doing this correctly.

It sounds like your SDR may need to be tuned. Out of the box, they are usually pretty off-frequency. You'll need to use a known frequency (a control channel for EBRCS, for example) to figure out the offset, and then correct for that in the settings. I'm not familiar with SDRTrunk so I can't tell you specifically where it is.