• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Maratrac VHF highband retune

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcu02mpa

I have recently aquired a maratrac VHF highband that I programmed down to 144. I have never had any problems doing this but this one just "clicks" when I try to transmit at 144.59. I am assuming the VCO is out of lock. Can anyone give me a tutorial on retuning the VCO. I don't have a service manual and cannot find anything on this band. I can find a UHF and a lowband tutorial. I need to identify which coils are VCO's and what test point is used for SL voltage. I am assuming the usual lock voltage is between 2-6 volts.

Thanks in advance.

cmdrwill

The Maratrac VHF will not work below 146 mHz due to the firmware not having control of the transmitter deviation and power controls.

Get yourself a Hi Power 110 watt Spectra, It does 144 to 174 with no problems.

wcu02mpa

Thought I would try

I have had one in the past that would work. I know I have tried others and the power level goes crazy below 146. It would shoot to 150 watts. I thought I would try this one but have decided to leave it alone. i actually have a 110 watt A9 spectra and am getting ready to install it along with a TK-630H I have retuned for 6-meters. I will post some pics when done. My spectra is great down to 144. I have an IFR 1000S service monitor and have fully bench tested it. .2uv on receive and 105-110 watts on transmit across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.