MARCS & 396/996 update. Your results

Status
Not open for further replies.

traumacop

Premium Subscriber
Before I spend the time to flash my two scanners, has anyone upgraded their 396/996 to the V2 update and are there noticeable performance improvements on MARCS?

I have never performed any of the flash upgrades and from reading some of reports from some of versions I am glad I didn't. I listen to MARCS 99% of the time, occasionally Delaware Co., Heath PD and some other digital sites when traveling but I don't want to make MARCS worse.

Just looking for some feedback before I flash or switch to GRE

Thanks,

Darrin

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I notice a little improvement after the upgrade. I still hear the data crash afterwords, but it isn't quite as bad.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Before I spend the time to flash my two scanners, has anyone upgraded their 396/996 to the V2 update and are there noticeable performance improvements on MARCS?

I have never performed any of the flash upgrades and from reading some of reports from some of versions I am glad I didn't. I listen to MARCS 99% of the time, occasionally Delaware Co., Heath PD and some other digital sites when traveling but I don't want to make MARCS worse.

Just looking for some feedback before I flash or switch to GRE

Thanks,

Darrin

IMO the sound is MUCH better and well worth the update. Oh and there have been no negative effects on MARCS with the new firmware.

jerk

I would wait...

That being said I have not been in Ohio since I did the update.
But if you are NOT having problems, I would wait until the one in beta is done testing.

It's a 50-50 chance you either improve or make things worse.
There was a thread here a while back about a problem, but I don't remember if firmware related or not. I think it was a different problem, the update changed his settings.

traumacop

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I just spent about an hour updating my 396 and 996. HUGE improvement on the audio of the MARCS system. It actually sounds as good as it does on my XTS.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Udate

Having done the update on my 396, I have noticed a big improvement with MARCS.

That being said I then purchased a PSR-500. In side by side testing with my Pro-96, PSR-500 & BCD396T each using a Radio Shack 800 MHz antenna the 500 far out performed the others on MARCS. The only real advantage seen with the 396 is size.

Status
Not open for further replies.