marcs in franklin and scioto county

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemarshal1

My Question Is I Am Hearing Odnr In Scioto County But The Dispatch Is In Franklin I Hear My Local Unit But Cant Hear The Dispatch I Can Hear The Franklin Unit But It Is If Two Towers Or Radios Are Locking Up At The Same Time The Voice Is Not Able To Be Understood At All Is This Blocked Traffic Or What Towers Do I Need In To Hear Both It Happens On Other State Agencys As Well If They Are Going From Here Back To Franklin For Dispatch. Any Help On The Noise Or A Fix Would Be A Great Help.

firemarshal1

Right Columbus Is In Franklin County Correct And Is The Dispatch Encrypted Because I Am Getting Our Local Rangers Fine I Am Not Sure What Encryption Sounds Like.

FPO703

They are supposedly using encryption 100% of the time. Dispatch uses full-time encryption.

I guess ODNR thinks they need the guise of secrecy for thier ops.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
FPO703 said:
They are supposedly using encryption 100% of the time. Dispatch uses full-time encryption.

I guess ODNR thinks they need the guise of secrecy for thier ops.

Comms on the park maintenance talkgroups (rangers, manintenance and the local park office) are unencrypted. They usually do more there than on the region dispatch channels, which are generally only used when they need to run something through LEADS.

firemarshal1

The noise I am getting must be encryption noise then it is the dispatch only the ranger is usually checking license and other leads based info I get him but not the dispatch and I hear the same noise on other state channels also so they two must be encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.