Marcs IP/BCD536 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
For awhile now I’ve been having an issue with receiving the Marcs-IP system from my home in Bratenahl. Bratenahl is along the lakeshore about 7 mile from downtown and about 15 miles from the Wickliffe tower. I only run my radio in favorite list mode with the Cuyahoga and Lake sites enabled. Last night I ran the radio in full database mode and the Marcs system came in great so it’s not my location but probably a wrong setting in favorite places. I would sure like to figure this out since Bratenahl PD is on this system.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
a few months back when they switched dispatching to the Chagrin Valley Dispatch. For awhile they were on both systems but just on CVD-West now though I have heard them communicate with CPD a few times on the Cleveland system a few times in certain situations.

SCPD

QRT
I guess that's why I didn't find them on MARCS in the RRDB since they don't have a TG.
Are the radio IDs the same as the ones that are listed for GCRCN in the Wiki?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Did you append the system from the DB or build it manually?

Update the DB in Sentinel, then go to the database and append MARCS-IP to a FL. That way all the settings will come over too.

Set your location (Zip) and range to zero and you should be good to go. If you are monitoring a site that is too far away your local PD may not be going through that site so you won't hear them.

See Upman's video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECOUceSdVCo

Last edited:

tonya

Premium Subscriber
I do build the FL from the database but have always had my range set at 10 miles. I also just noticed that monitor settings were switched off. Should I have all the sites enabled or just the ones close to my home on, or does it matter if my range is set to 0. Looking forward to setting this up later. Thanks for your help.

budevans

I do build the FL from the database but have always had my range set at 10 miles. I also just noticed that monitor settings were switched off. Should I have all the sites enabled or just the ones close to my home on, or does it matter if my range is set to 0. Looking forward to setting this up later. Thanks for your help.

tonya, MARCS-IP Cuyahoga County is a Simulcast Site. So there is just one site. Multiple towers but just one Site.

Lake and Geuage counties are setup the same way, as a Simulcast Site.

In your profile Monitor should be ON for each Favorites List. So should Download.

Range in your case doesn't come into play. You are stationary with a Favorites List monitoring a Simulcast Site. Typically you would use Range if you are using a GPS with the Master Database while traveling.

If you are stationary and not using a GPS, there should be no difference in reception between the Master Database and the Favorites List.

The only setting that I can think of that might make a difference is the Digital Threshold. It can be set to Automatic or at a Manual setting (example: level 8). The Automatic setting will try to adjust for the best reception. But since Simulcast sites can be highly variable base on your location or weather, Automatic may or may not be the best option.

In your case you might want to try adjusting the Digital Threshold setting in your Favorites List.

Status
Not open for further replies.