N8MWY

Premium Subscriber
Those were the days! I remember getting Houston, Texas and Orange County, California FD's on our local VHF-Low band fire frequencies here in Stark County, Ohio when conditions were right. I understand the California Highway Patrol is still on 42 mHz, one of my projects is to get a Low Band antenna back up and scan all the police and fire frequencies. MARCS is nice but Low Band had its charm.

sopranosno1

New one for lima. 5504 enc. Also i have several others from the last several years. 5519 lima pd tac related, 54766 allen sheriff tac related. Can anyone help identify these??

KWs

Premium Subscriber
Portage County ... Heard some radio traffic today on TG 40555... field unit was referred to as 9xx,
9xx series is Garretsville PD according to wiki.
Dispatch ID was 6790855... I don’t have any radio IDs anywhere close to that ID. Anyone else hear or have info for 40555 ?

Nasby

Portage County ... Heard some radio traffic today on TG 40555... field unit was referred to as 9xx,
9xx series is Garretsville PD according to wiki.
Dispatch ID was 6790855... I don’t have any radio IDs anywhere close to that ID. Anyone else hear or have info for 40555 ?

This is the new T/G for Mantua and Garrettsville PD's.

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
40555 is "67LAW" on MARCS. Aurora, Streetsboro, Ravenna, Kent, & PCSO all have their own talkgroups. The rest of the smaller PDs in Portage will use the 67LAW.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
How about 40553 ? . ... northernsummit.org. Database has 296 hits ..
but isn’t identified in RR database ....

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
This is the new T/G for Mantua and Garrettsville PD's.

40555 is "67LAW" on MARCS. Aurora, Streetsboro, Ravenna, Kent, & PCSO all have their own talkgroups. The rest of the smaller PDs in Portage will use the 67LAW.

The only PDs not accounted for yet are/were Mantua, Garrettsville, Brady Lake and Hiram PDs. Are they all using 40555? Or just Mantua / Garrettsville at this time? Was "67LAW" used as a description on the air and/or is this from somebody inside ?

If you guys are confident about this, please submit it to the database.

Thanks

Mike

KWs

Premium Subscriber
Is Brady Lake PD still in existence since the village was dissolved ?
Does Hiram use MARCS ?

If the only two using 67Law TG, seems like it should be identified in RR with Mantua/ Garrettsville in addition to 67Law.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Is Brady Lake PD still in existence since the village was dissolved ?
Does Hiram use MARCS ?

If the only two using 67Law TG, seems like it should be identified in RR with Mantua/ Garrettsville in addition to 67Law.

I changed the description. It can be changed again if you guys suddenly determine that Hiram and or BL are on there. Of course (just my personal thought), 67LAW is a bad description for that alpha tag (even though it might be in radios) if it's just being used by Mantua / Garrettsville. But, we [admins] are told to use what's in the radios. So 67LAW it is for the alpha tag.

mike

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
"67LAW" is the name for the Talkgroup in our radios. Mantua dispatches for Mantua & Garrettsville PD. Hiram PD is not on MARCS (Yet).

Brady Lake Village dissolved in 2017 and is now again part of Franklin Twp, covered by Kent FD and PCSO.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Brady Lake Village dissolved in 2017 and is now again part of Franklin Twp, covered by Kent FD and PCSO.

Once the Village dissolved, their statutory authority under the Ohio Revised Code to have their own police department and other municipal services would have ended, so the PD would have gone with the village.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Once the Village dissolved, their statutory authority under the Ohio Revised Code to have their own police department and other municipal services would have ended, so the PD would have gone with the village.

As true as that may be, that particular PD is/was apparently quite controversial in that they continued to operate for some time (supposedly) after dissolution. Lots on Google and Youtube related to Brady Lake PD. Apparently they were a fine bunch of cops (sarcasm)

mike

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
As true as that may be, that particular PD is/was apparently quite controversial in that they continued to operate for some time (supposedly) after dissolution. Lots on Google and Youtube related to Brady Lake PD. Apparently they were a fine bunch of cops (sarcasm).

Hmmmm. . . anyone who was ticketed and/or arrested by the former Brady Lake PD after the date of dissolution could challenge the legality of their ticket/arrest. It would be interesting to see the court records on those arrests.