belvdr

No longer interested in living
why would you expect somebody else to do it for you, post it, and save you the trouble?
I know you're speaking specifically to the unlisted TGs, but your statement is literally why this site and its database exists. LOL

al_35

Recently caught unid talk group 52674. was catching london correctional off our sidney site and originally was on t.g. 52575, then they switched to 52674.

Fletch

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Huber Heights listening to the Montgomery County site 004-003 and noticed talkgroup 10541 had activity this morning about 0830. This talkgroup is not ID'ed in RR but it sounded like the Enon Fire dispatcher asking Battalion 50 if he was clear. I also saw activity on this talkgroup from a user ID I had previously marked as Enon Medic 2. Is Enon Fire finally making the move to MARCS?

WeldGuy

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone located the new MARCS tower being constructed in Fairfield County? It has been referred to as the "Baltimore Tower" and construction reportedly started in January. No one seems to know anything about it or when it is scheduled to go online, not even my friends in the Sheriff's Office.

kf8yk

Has anyone located the new MARCS tower being constructed in Fairfield County? It has been referred to as the "Baltimore Tower" and construction reportedly started in January. No one seems to know anything about it or when it is scheduled to go online, not even my friends in the Sheriff's Office.

A tower registration was recently granted to MARCS for a new 340 ft. site behind the Walnut Township offices at 11420 Millersport Road.

WeldGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. I emailed the person listed on the application and the tower is bid and may be started "next month."
That will greatly improve coverage in the Norhern Fairfield County area.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Thank you. I emailed the person listed on the application and the tower is bid and may be started "next month."
That will greatly improve coverage in the Norhern Fairfield County area.

Don't hold your breath on construction starting next month. Given the current nationwide situation, most resources are being dedicated to maintenance.

WeldGuy

Premium Subscriber
I guess part of my frustration is finding how many people I thought would be following the spending of $750,000 don't know anything about it. I suppose to them, if they push the mic button and it works, all is well.
I may do a drive-bye at the listed address and see for myself if anything is going on.

WeldGuy

Premium Subscriber
Well, glad I'm not holding my breath. LOL
I did a drive-bye and the address on the FCC application is the Township garage. Nothing in the way of any construction. I was surprised to find the elevation wasn't anything spectacular... 767 feet in the driveway. There is a sizable hill behind the building, so it could be going up there.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Well, glad I'm not holding my breath. LOL
I did a drive-bye and the address on the FCC application is the Township garage. Nothing in the way of any construction. I was surprised to find the elevation wasn't anything spectacular... 767 feet in the driveway. There is a sizable hill behind the building, so it could be going up there.

If there's no tower already in place, you're looking at months or even a year at best before a site could go on line. They'll have to go through the whole process of engineering studies, core samples (to make sure the ground won't sink under the tower), building permits, running electric lines and all that other (mostly government) mumbo-jumbo.

au1344

Premium Subscriber
The job has been bid and the contact person on the FCC application said construction may begin next month.
I'd say Tom knows what he is talking about. I agree, you most likely won't see a signal from the site for close to a year

Reactions: wdz

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I'd say Tom knows what he is talking about. I agree, you most likely won't see a signal from the site for close to a year

Best case is several months, probably late this year. I built out two systems (one with four sites and the other with a single site) on existing towers, and each system took around nine months.

I just looked at the site on Google Maps Streetview. I didn't see the hill that was mentioned anywhere close to the complex so that's probably not where it's going; I know Bob Bill and he's not about to fudge the site coordinates, thus incurring the wrath of the FAA, so if the coordinates place it at the township complex, that's where it will be. My bet is that they'll put the tower either in the grassy area to the right of the township building, or out behind the rear garage building. That keeps the utility run distance to a minimum, especially the grassy area to the right of the township hall.

Update: I just ran the coordinates and they come up exactly in the middle of the grassy area to the right of the township hall.Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 1.06.42 PM.png

Last edited:

ibagli

Buckeye Lake was talking about building a site a few years ago, but it fell apart (the plan, not the tower), so I guess they're getting it for free now.