mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Changing the control channel(s) is not really an option; unless they used a control channel already in use at another site it would require reprogramming every radio in the state. Control channels are carefully selected to provide maximum performance at the location while minimizing interference to/from other sites, so changing to a completely new frequency is not a casual undertaking.

While it's possible that it's been taken down for major maintenance, that doesn't usually take more than a day unless it got totally destroyed.

If the control channels at the site are both identified (and it looks like they are), my bet is that the site has been decommissioned. Since there are no major state facilities (like a prison) near it, and since roaming users can sponge off the generosity of Miami County taxpayers, there's no real reason for them to keep it.

I'm just giving sensible advice. Before anyone assumes a site that has been online forever is offline for good, it would pay for some confirmation to take place by looking at what other sites say about it. And if it's a site that is down for maintenance, it could be that it isn't "that" important given that while it is down the simulcast would provide decent enough coverage for them to take more than a day to fix it.

KC8WJG

Site 15,miami county,troy site,not being heard?searching through the 700/800 bands and no longer hearing a c.c. for this site.The county site comes in clear(858.7375).Anyone lives close to troy area try to see if i'm correct. The old control channel for the site was 773.83125.

I'm monitoring Miami County, but I'm still a newb when it comes to trunked systems. I have to wonder if I programmed my scanner right because the amount of traffic I'm hearing doesn't seem to be right for the number of agencies in the county. Could it be that there is much less activity these days thanks to MDT's and cell phones? When I monitored the old TRS back in the early 2000's, the scanner never shut up.

gtaman

At long last, the new MARCS tower in Millersport (Fairfield County) has been started. It may be online in September.

It would be nice if they built a site near Lithopolis or at least turned the power up on the Lancaster site. FCSO has to roam to Columbus Marcs as Canal Winchester is a dead zone. But I can pick up Pickaway county no problem in Canal.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
It would be nice if they built a site near Lithopolis or at least turned the power up on the Lancaster site. FCSO has to roam to Columbus Marcs as Canal Winchester is a dead zone. But I can pick up Pickaway county no problem in Canal.

The Bixby site does a quite nice job filling in the coverage holes for Canal and Groveport (which is why it was put there), but Fairfield talkgroups don't roam to that site; Fairfield talkgroups do roam to the Pickaway site which covers Canal pretty well, so I'm not sure where the dead spots are if the Pickaway site doesn't get them. . .

al_35

Bellefontaine site 18, i've noticed they added 2 new voice channels to this site.853.1625,853.8875.

santafe2016

Wow. Didn't know anybody still did that, talk about a liability nightmare these days. Do they still use firebar phones, too?
Clark has tried to get them to go to MARCS, finally someone there got some portable but the Twp people still like the Mayberry feel, recall the personnel wreckage from a couple years back with personnel harassing others, Chiefs allegedly knowing and turning their head, massive resignments, its a wonder they can have a department and they cover parts of I 70. And nearly everybody has a pager so fire phones as far as I know aren't used, LOL You can imagine the delay in having to get ahold of them when State has acall and all the traffic things get lost in translation. But its a start to all on MARCS, if they go it will be one less Answering point next is wanting to combine dispatch with County / City and City personnel may not make the cut!

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
The following Greater Cleveland Radio Communications Network channels have been added to the OSP MARCS radio in Cuyahoga.

56029 dadd D REG-CALL Regional Interop - Calling Interop
56030 dade D REGION 2 IO Region 2 Interop Interop
56031 dadf D REGION 3 IO Region 3 Interop Interop
56032 dae0 D REGION 4 IO Region 4 Interop Interop
56033 dae1 D REGION 5 IO Region 5 Interop Interop
56034 dae2 D REGION 6 IO Region 6 Interop Interop
56035 dae3 D REGION 7 IO Region 7 Interop Interop
56036 dae4 D REGION 8 IO Region 8 Interop Interop
56037 dae5 D REGION 9 IO Region 9 Interop Interop
56038 dae6 D REGION 10 IO Region 10 Interop Interop
56039 dae7 D REGION 11 IO Region 11 Interop Interop
56040 dae8 D REGION 12 IO Region 12 Interop Interop
56041 dae9 D REGION 13 IO Region 13 Interop Interop
56042 daea D REGION 14 IO Region 14 Interop Interop
56043 daeb D REGION 15 IO Region 15 Interop Interop
56044 daec D REGION 16 IO Region 16 Interop

west-pac

Apparantly a week ago I logged a MARCS tower from Blackford county, Indiana. UT showed it as site 001-041, but the CC was that of the Darke county site. 041 would be a far stretch from Blackford county, so most likely I received Darke county, but it labeled the site 041.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Apparantly a week ago I logged a MARCS tower from Blackford county, Indiana. UT showed it as site 001-041, but the CC was that of the Darke county site. 041 would be a far stretch from Blackford county, so most likely I received Darke county, but it labeled the site 041.

You probably logged it via a tropospheric ducting opening -- and if so, you could have logged something clear across the state. Many times over the years I was able to pick up 800 mhz signals from Indiana from my location in extreme Eastern Ohio.

And if the signal was weak, UT probably just didn't capture it the information correctly.

Although I guess it wouldn't hurt for somebody in Darke Co Ohio to confirm the current active control channel for site 1-041, just in case information for Winchester (Adams) 1-041 has changed.

There has been a tremendous amount of tropo this summer.

west-pac

You probably logged it via a tropospheric ducting opening -- and if so, you could have logged something clear across the state. Many times over the years I was able to pick up 800 mhz signals from Indiana from my location in extreme Eastern Ohio.

And if the signal was weak, UT probably just didn't capture it the information correctly.

Although I guess it wouldn't hurt for somebody in Darke Co Ohio to confirm the current active control channel for site 1-041, just in case information for Winchester (Adams) 1-041 has changed.

Yes, it was during an opening.

tomcat2702

Feed Provider
New one for lima. 5504 enc. Also i have several others from the last several years. 5519 lima pd tac related, 54766 allen sheriff tac related. Can anyone help identify these??

bringing this back from the dead just to say had a large amount of use on OHIO MARCS 54766 suddenly tonight after not seeing it prior. Can't find any official reference for the TG.

tomcat2702

Feed Provider

Darke County main CC is 774.90625

sopranosno1

bringing this back from the dead just to say had a large amount of use on OHIO MARCS 54766 suddenly tonight after not seeing it prior. Can't find any official reference for the TG.
Thanks. Good catch. Watch for radio ids, also keep watch for 5504 and 5519

al_35

New marcs ip talk group confirmed. 34055, kettering health network(piqua hospital)

dwelty

Premium Subscriber
I submitted 34055 to rr on Tuesday, the day it opened.

Also new tower site coming online shortly, in the Moorefield Twp area on the Northside of Springfield. Unknown site number or frequencies yet

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Also new tower site coming online shortly, in the Moorefield Twp area on the Northside of Springfield. Unknown site number or frequencies yet

Maybe this is it:

SPRINGFIELD OH (CLARK)
1515 MONTEGO DRIVE (273734)