JethrowJohnson

MARCS does not allow patches. Period.
That isn't true. Our sheriff's office (SO84DISP) can patch their TGID with MARIETTA PD 1, BELPRE PD, and POST84 any time they need to and they also test the patch on a monthly basis. They can also patch the county MARCS fire channels into the UHF channels whenever a unit with an analog radio needs to talk to someone on MARCS.

Reactions: KWs

JethrowJohnson

When we are told by MARCS officials that they do not allow patches, and any radio that is found to be patching will be turned off, I take them at their word. Because they have done it.
Maybe that's only in your county? Our county always patches whenever necessary and it's a good thing they do, because they're using MARCS more often but not everyone has a P25 radio yet, so the easiest possible way to provide interoperability in emergencies is by patching the MARCS talkgroup being used with the UHF repeater being used. I mean, the units on MARCS could switch to the UHF channel, but there's a possibility that one or more of them might miss the command to do so, thereby causing a communication issue. And that's the last thing any of us need in an emergency.

amcferrin90

Premium Subscriber
OSP routinely patches post TGs together. They are frequently combining dispatch ops for multiple posts in off shifts. Also if you were looking at the control data stream, you'd see patches and supergroups frequently. If this isn't allowed, the feature would be turned off. Let's make a good assumption about disallowed patches as "radios wired to other radios doing a crossband patch" vs software multi-selects which I believe is the correct term. Not that a bunch of scanner guys matter in this right?

jsoergel

Had some Cuyahoga TGs pop up on the Circleville site this afternoon, appears to be Motorola testing:

54992 encrypted
-RID 9500833
14487 encrypted
14499 encrypted
-RID 1102 (yes, only a four-digit ID)

Have also been hearing two new Fairfield Co. talkgroups this week on 16518 and 16519, both with a number of RIDs in the 23912xx-23913xx range. Sporadic usage so far.

au1344

Premium Subscriber
RID 1102 = Cleveland Pd Dist 2 - Fulton Rd Dispatch Console
I doubt that would be them on MARCS. Cleveland once told my old agency that they could not interop with us because they do not go on to MARCS and will not pay the fees. I would guess that it is MARCS themselves. It shows 1106 in the wiki being the helpdesk so it isn't far off.

jsoergel

Had a lot of fire paging tones off the Greene Co. site today (from Clark Co.). Not sure if the talkgroups were just for testing, but it seems like they are grouped for East/West. RID was 1291456 for both.

10545 Clark Co. Paging East?
Madison Twp. EMS
Madison Twp. Fire
Harmony Twp. EMS
unknown (624/465)
Harmony Twp. Fire
Springfield Twp. EMS
Springfield Twp. Fire

10546 Clark Co. Paging West?
New Carlisle Fire
New Carlisle EMS
unknown (624/433)
German Twp. EMS
German Twp. Fire

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Had a lot of fire paging tones off the Greene Co. site today (from Clark Co.). Not sure if the talkgroups were just for testing, but it seems like they are grouped for East/West. RID was 1291456 for both.

10545 Clark Co. Paging East?
Madison Twp. EMS
Madison Twp. Fire
Harmony Twp. EMS
unknown (624/465)
Harmony Twp. Fire
Springfield Twp. EMS
Springfield Twp. Fire

10546 Clark Co. Paging West?
New Carlisle Fire
New Carlisle EMS
unknown (624/433)
German Twp. EMS
German Twp. Fire

I just added five new ones to the DB. Some may have duplicate descriptions to existing ones. Clark County Dispatch is moving to their new center on 2/28 and these should be active / agencies cutover by 3/1. After that, there are three talkgroups that I will remove from the DB.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I just added five new ones to the DB. Some may have duplicate descriptions to existing ones. Clark County Dispatch is moving to their new center on 2/28 and these should be active / agencies cutover by 3/1. After that, there are three talkgroups that I will remove from the DB.

Mike

And yes, Clark County really needs separated out into subcategories. I'll do that this week.

Mike

jsoergel

Off Columbus MARCS tonight: 61057 announcing Memorial Hall rounds complete (RID 2556210). I'm thinking it could be County Security Tac 2. That might mean 61056 is not just the Courthouse Complex, but the County Security. Haven't heard 61057 at all until now.

jsoergel

Does anyone have a list of BCI RIDs? I think I may have heard them on XLECOM the other day, but I don't know their usual range within the 930xxxx group.

On a related note, heard 54213 active today with RID 4890069 reporting enroute to Dispatch. It's pretty close to the known BCI talkgroup of 54210, but the RID shows from Lucas Co., which makes me uncertain.

16b

Premium Subscriber
Columbus Police announced yesterday that they will be creating a sixth patrol zone (along with making a couple adjustments to existing zones). See attached for details, but the upshot is that I would speculate we want to keep our ears open for a new set of zone-specific talkgroups (Patrol 6, 6A, 6B, etc). Supposed to be in place by the end of April.

Attachments

• Media Release Police Announces Restructuring.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 18

kellysrv

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what the Columbus Fire PA’s do? They have a lot of them listed by talkgroups but I have not heard anything on them.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Does anyone know what the Columbus Fire PA’s do? They have a lot of them listed by talkgroups but I have not heard anything on them.

If I recall correctly, they're intended as a redundant way to alert fire stations; Locution (the female computer voice) normally works over the IP network (internet), but if that network connectivity is lost the PA talkgroups are used. Sometimes they're both used at the same time for whatever reason.

JethrowJohnson

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the channel that the station radios are tuned to, and when the tones are sent it will check to see which set of tones it is and if the tones are for that particular station, then it will trip the alarm.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the channel that the station radios are tuned to, and when the tones are sent it will check to see which set of tones it is and if the tones are for that particular station, then it will trip the alarm.

In the case of Columbus FD, that's not correct.

jsoergel

37509 Noble Local School District Buses?
RID 6190166, 6190174, 6190175, 6190176, 6190178, 6190181

Definitely school buses. Google says the only districts in Noble Co. are Noble LSD and Caldwell Exempted Village SD. My bet is on the former - is there anyone in the area that can confirm for sure?