medic5399

Premium Subscriber
And WESTCOM FG goes WESTCOM 3. The only time you will typically pick the FG on WESTCOM 3 is when Rocky River Engine 64 is on scene with their mobile repeater

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Hearing Cleveland Heights and Shaker Heights FDs being dispatched on 56300 and 56303, respectively. No tones, just dispatcher audio of the run details.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
I concur with your assessment of TGs 56300 and 56303 .
I took a wild shot and plugged in 56302 as University Hts Fire Alerting in my scanner.

Swipesy

Hearing Cleveland Heights and Shaker Heights FDs being dispatched on 56300 and 56303, respectively. No tones, just dispatcher audio of the run details.

Strange that MARCS would use 56 series for Heights communities. Those TG's exist on GCRCN and normally MARCS stays away from using TG's that line up with GCRCN. Most of the 56 series on MARCS are used in Cincinnati. Oh well just adds to keeping us on our toes when monitoring GCRCN and MARCS at same time.

KWs

Premium Subscriber
Looks like University Hts Fire EMS Alert TG is 56301 not 56302 .
I guessed wrong . Just heard a run dispatched.

Swipesy

Now that Clev Hts, Univ Hts and Shaker Hts fire has been identified as 56*** I wonder what will become of the 13502,13505,13507 TG's that were previously identified in RR as being their TG's.? Perhaps these numbers will be reassigned by the Heights-Hillcrest Dispatch Center.

kf8yk

Now that Clev Hts, Univ Hts and Shaker Hts fire has been identified as 56*** I wonder what will become of the 13502,13505,13507 TG's that were previously identified in RR as being their TG's.? Perhaps these numbers will be reassigned by the Heights-Hillcrest Dispatch Center.

The new TG's were assigned for alerting with Unication pagers, no changes to existing TG use.

stlouisx50

I'm visiting from Missouri and am in Upper Sandusky. I am picking up talk group 51001 which has no listing in the RR Database. I think I have tracked down the signal to be Delaware County Sheriff dispatch. Upon further investigation, I see the database shows the are on the Central Ohio Inop system, but when I try to monitor that system, I'm not receiving any data signal so I'm thinking that system has expired and they are now on the statewide system. I'll keep monitoring and post updates as I can.

kf8yk

I'm visiting from Missouri and am in Upper Sandusky. I am picking up talk group 51001 which has no listing in the RR Database. I think I have tracked down the signal to be Delaware County Sheriff dispatch. Upon further investigation, I see the database shows the are on the Central Ohio Inop system, but when I try to monitor that system, I'm not receiving any data signal so I'm thinking that system has expired and they are now on the statewide system. I'll keep monitoring and post updates as I can.

Talkgroups 51000 to 51499 would be reserved for Wyandot County agencies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
You are probably too far away from Delaware to receive COIRS. That system is still in operation (DCSO TG 10002) and there are no plans for any of their users to move to MARCS.

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
You are probably too far away from Delaware to receive COIRS. That system is still in operation (DCSO TG 10002) and there are no plans for any of their users to move to MARCS.

Highly unlikely they would even consider using MARCS for anything other than interop, and even that is rare (Memorial Tournament is about the limit of it).

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi Don,

No, I haven't monitored 39.72 and 33.94 in years. I don't actively sccan those frequencies anymore, but it has been a long long time since I've heard anything on them. I think it's been about 7 years since I monitored activity anywhere on 33.94.

Mike

Reactions: KWs

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
It was
Hi Don,

No, I haven't monitored 39.72 and 33.94 in years. I don't actively sccan those frequencies anymore, but it has been a long long time since I've heard anything on them. I think it's been about 7 years since I monitored activity anywhere on 33.94.

Mike
It was funny 39.72 was shared by Harrison and Carroll County's Sheriff depts's.

33.94 was used for many FD's. Back and the day you would get skip from Florida on 33.94 all the time.