JethrowJohnson

I have that talkgroup in my logs from before. I entered it 5 times, the first time I thought it was Schools but the second time I thought it might've been United Ambulance Service MARCS Channel 2, the third time I pretty much pinned it down to Caldwell, and the other times I wasn't really sure what it was. This was quite a few months ago but apparently I was only getting very few and short transmissions. I also have TGID 37508 logged 3 times, I figure that might be related? At this point, I'd say 37509 is probably SC61CALD but I'm not completely sure. I was gonna run a bunch of Discovery sessions next week starting on Sunday so I'll let you know if I see either of those talkgroups then.

jsoergel

I have that talkgroup in my logs from before. I entered it 5 times, the first time I thought it was Schools but the second time I thought it might've been United Ambulance Service MARCS Channel 2, the third time I pretty much pinned it down to Caldwell, and the other times I wasn't really sure what it was. This was quite a few months ago but apparently I was only getting very few and short transmissions. I also have TGID 37508 logged 3 times, I figure that might be related? At this point, I'd say 37509 is probably SC61CALD but I'm not completely sure. I was gonna run a bunch of Discovery sessions next week starting on Sunday so I'll let you know if I see either of those talkgroups then.
37508 could be the school operations itself. I heard was bus drivers calling each other, but no communication between them and the front offices.

JethrowJohnson

Unknown TGIDs from today:

54861: Unknown ø
37834: Unknown [Keyup only X2] o
37509: Unknown ["Yeah, we're good"]
37508: Unknown [Schools, Noble County, Buses]
52134: Unknown ["Wayne 800 Command", Fire, Requesting Fire Investigator, Possibly Wayne County(?), also heard Scioto County mentioned]

TGID 54861 looks to me like it might be a sheriff's office channel. It was only one transmission that lasted 9 seconds. It was encrypted. For a while I thought maybe it was the Marietta Police Department testing new radios since SO84DISP is TGID 54865 and encrypted, and I saw last week that the police chief wants to buy MARCS radios, and they do have at least one or two reasons to encrypt the dispatch channel. But, I don't think it's possible for it to be them yet because I only heard about it last week and it said that she brought this up to city council only on Monday. So I don't think it's been long enough for it to be them. I also haven't seen any 700 MHz antennas on their cruisers yet. Here's that article:

I'm not sure what TGID 37834 might be. It was only two keyups and the transmissions were not encrypted. All I caught on TGID 37509 was one short transmission that was unintelligible and someone answering, "Yeah, we're good." TGID 37508 is definitely a School channel and it is buses, which specific channel I'm still unsure. On TGID 52134, the fire units were referring to the dispatcher as Wayne 800 Command and one unit said it was on the Scioto County line or something to that effect. I forgot to check to see if those two counties neighbor each other or not. They were analyzing a fire and trying to figure out a possible cause and IC requested a fire investigator. Sorry about not giving any radio IDs, I tried to turn those on today but apparently that feature isn't available in Discovery Mode. I'll try another way tomorrow.

jsoergel

52134: Unknown ["Wayne 800 Command", Fire, Requesting Fire Investigator, Possibly Wayne County(?), also heard Scioto County mentioned]

TGID 54861 looks to me like it might be a sheriff's office channel. It was only one transmission that lasted 9 seconds. It was encrypted. For a while I thought maybe it was the Marietta Police Department testing new radios since SO84DISP is TGID 54865 and encrypted, and I saw last week that the police chief wants to buy MARCS radios, and they do have at least one or two reasons to encrypt the dispatch channel. But, I don't think it's possible for it to be them yet because I only heard about it last week and it said that she brought this up to city council only on Monday. So I don't think it's been long enough for it to be them. I also haven't seen any 700 MHz antennas on their cruisers yet. Here's that article:

I'm not sure what TGID 37834 might be. It was only two keyups and the transmissions were not encrypted. All I caught on TGID 37509 was one short transmission that was unintelligible and someone answering, "Yeah, we're good." TGID 37508 is definitely a School channel and it is buses, which specific channel I'm still unsure. On TGID 52134, the fire units were referring to the dispatcher as Wayne 800 Command and one unit said it was on the Scioto County line or something to that effect. I forgot to check to see if those two counties neighbor each other or not. They were analyzing a fire and trying to figure out a possible cause and IC requested a fire investigator. Sorry about not giving any radio IDs, I tried to turn those on today but apparently that feature isn't available in Discovery Mode. I'll try another way tomorrow.
Putting these in the Wiki. What site(s) did you hear them on?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

52134 is likely an ODNR Wayne National Forest talkgroup (thus the reference to Wayne).

jsoergel

52134 is likely an ODNR Wayne National Forest talkgroup (thus the reference to Wayne).
It is - already in the DB. I just noticed now while I was entering them in.

Out of curiosity, why is the second column labeled "TGID Range", instead of "County"?
Some of the ranges are counties, but some are allocated to agencies.

jsoergel

Columbus Police announced yesterday that they will be creating a sixth patrol zone (along with making a couple adjustments to existing zones). See attached for details, but the upshot is that I would speculate we want to keep our ears open for a new set of zone-specific talkgroups (Patrol 6, 6A, 6B, etc). Supposed to be in place by the end of April.

Haven't noticed significant changes yet, except that 57496 is now in use as a backchannel by 2 Pct. and 7 Pct. Previously, 57497 was used extensively by 7 Pct.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Some of the ranges are counties, but some are allocated to agencies.

Also keep in mind that once you get above the ranges allocated for most counties as well as the ones for metro areas, for the most part there are no set ranges. There may be a few here and there when a particular agency has some talkgroups in consecutive order, but for the most part they're all jumbled together.

JethrowJohnson

Unknown TGIDs received today on the Washington County site:

54861: Unknown ø [3 transmissions]
52072: CALL-SE ø [13 transmissions]
49005: Unknown ["Go ahead", siren in background]
37508: Unknown [Schools, Noble County]
34500: Unknown [Keyup only] o

I still have no clue what TGID 54861 is, but this time I received 3 transmissions that were all encrypted. TGID 52072 is the ODNR Southeast Calling channel, but usually some radios are encrypted for that channel while others are clear, but this time I received 13 transmissions and they were all encrypted, I'm not submitting to the database yet until I can confirm but I wanted to let you know. TGID 49005 is one that I've never seen before, and I only received one transmission with someone saying, "Go ahead" with a siren in the background. I remember hearing this one when it was transmitted, but I was in another room and didn't know it was an unknown talkgroup. I think it was either when units were responding to a severe MVA in Beverly, or to a possible brush fire in Newport. I don't remember for sure which one, but SO84DISP was very active for both of those incidents, so one thought I have is maybe it was a Washington County deputy on the wrong channel which happens to be one we didn't know about since the TGID is only two numbers away from SO84TALK, or maybe possibly even a Washington County fire MARCS channel?

TGID 37508 had more School related traffic that included buses, but no locations or street names. And TGID 34500 is another I haven't seen, and it was only a keyup that lasted one second. The transmission was not encrypted.

JethrowJohnson

And I tried to turn radio IDs on but unfortunately those don't work in Discovery. I use ID Search whenever the county FDs respond to a major incident so I'll turn RIDs on next time I use ID Search. My apologies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
37509 Noble Local School District Buses?
RID 6190166, 6190174, 6190175, 6190176, 6190178, 6190181

Definitely school buses. Google says the only districts in Noble Co. are Noble LSD and Caldwell Exempted Village SD. My bet is on the former - is there anyone in the area that can confirm for sure?

37508 - Caldwell EVSD
37509 - Noble LSD

Scratch those off the wiki. They are in the DB now.

JethrowJohnson

No new talkgroups received today. But I wanted to note that CALL-SE had a bunch of encrypted transmissions but there was at least 1 non-encrypted transmission, so it's still partially encrypted.

Bethanylt241

I’m wondering if anyone in the Jefferson County area has discovered a few new Talkgroups for patches with WV with the new bridge opening up soon? It’s my understanding there will be patched TGs to link the two systems.

jsoergel

I have been hearing two fire paging TGs on the Greene County site, both with automated dispatch using RID 2991764:

20079 - Beavercreek FD?
20211 - Wright-Patterson AFB FD

I submitted the latter, but I'm not sure about 20079. I have only heard it dispatching Beavercreek units, but they already have a dispatch talkgroup. Any ideas?