MARCS IP Vs. Cleveland System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefox89

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so I have a question, I have the Cleveland system and the Cuyahoga MARCS IP systems in my BC436HP, and I am unable to receive the Cleveland system from my home in North Willoughby, but I am able to get the West Shore region on my scanner... I am using the RS 800MHz antenna. Just wondering how this is possible... Also, I am still getting some small garble on the lake county system off my scanner... any way simple way to fix this (changing to NFM or something). Thanks a ton!

SCPD

QRT
Ok, so I have a question, I have the Cleveland system and the Cuyahoga MARCS IP systems in my BC436HP, and I am unable to receive the Cleveland system from my home in North Willoughby, but I am able to get the West Shore region on my scanner... I am using the RS 800MHz antenna. Just wondering how this is possible... Also, I am still getting some small garble on the lake county system off my scanner... any way simple way to fix this (changing to NFM or something). Thanks a ton!

The MARCS IP has a site at 30825 Euclid Ave. which is probably very close to you.

The GCRCN has a site at 1300 Chardon Rd. between St. Clair and Euclid. Its antenna may be oriented towards Cuyhoga county and away from Lake county.

jpadley85

I live in Eastlake and have the same issue. It is primarily due to LSM. I have tried multiple antennas, mobile and portable to no avail. My scanner usually shows a strong signal from Cleveland, but is unable to decode the CC. When driving home from work in Cleveland, I usually lose the Cleveland system by the time I reach the east side of Euclid. However, my XTS5K picks up crystal clear all the way through Mentor. MARCS-IP works great nearly everywhere, though. And my understanding is that the Wickliffe IP site is actually part of the Cuyahoga County Simulcast Cell, NOT Lake County. This means that all Cuyahoga County traffic will be broadcast by the Wickliffe Site, which is why we pick up westshore and Olmsted so consistently.

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
Firefox-

Where did your 396xt lose coverage of Cleveland system?

If I'm outside in Painesville, I can hear the Cleveland system on occasion and have no problems picking up the cuyco simulcast system.

Firefox89

Premium Subscriber
Brian, I upgraded to the 436 a few months ago, I can pick up the Cuyahoga MARCS IP system just fine, but I cannot get the Cleveland system.

Status
Not open for further replies.