MARCS ODOT Freeway Service Patrols active

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmartinfan

Banned
If anyone is interested in the freeway service patrol who operates in the large metro areas in Ohio. Toledo, Dayton, Cinncy, Cbus, Akron, and the mistake by the lake known as Cleveland. They are now operating on the MARCS system.

Dayton, Columbus, Cleveland, Akron are very active from 6a-9a and then from 3p to 7p.

Cinncy is active also but they still mostly use Nextels.

This is all apart of buckeyetraffic.org.

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
Interesting... Haven't seen the truck in while but yep it had a VHF-Low antenna on it. Wonder when the regular ODOT trucks are going to make the move here.

Actually it's a real nice service... nice to have a big truck with flashers behind you while changing a tire on I-75:lol:

Last edited:

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I have not heard the Dayton FIRST team in quite some time and I monitor the Dayton MARCS site continually,
I wonder if they are using Nextel? Has anyone else heard them on MARCS in the Dayton area recently?

sopranosno1

tuesday or wednesday heard them hitting off the shelby or miami county tower. that is the first time in quite awhile for me.

mmartinfan

Banned
There is no more "FIRST TEAM". its now the Freeway Service Patrol "FSP." They operate now in a large white van, are are a private company. ODOT runs the service on urban freeways.

Dayton has less traffic by far Columbus and Cleveland are using the radios the most. Akron can be kinda busy.

3 soon to be 4 trucks in Columbus
2 Trucks in Dayton
5 in Cleveland
2 in Toledo and Akron
4 in Cinncy

The TMC Traffic Management Center for the entire state is in Columbus.

Here is the location:

6882096772_ae95c032bb_c.jpg

They have the 800 radios for the city and are very helpful tot he Freeway units on Traffic 1.

The ODOT talkgroups are listed on the MARCS database.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.