MARCS Rebanding Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that this was not asked already.
Were the Grafton and Mobile Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink sites rebanded?
I am asking this because it looks like there are frequencies on these two sites in the 860-868.9875 range.
I thought that after rebanding all frequencies should be in the 850-855 range.
Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
On 10-18-2013 in this post it was reported that MARCS rebanding was complete, but now since you mention it do I see those old frequencies for the Grafton and mobile sites in the DB. They could have been overlooked I guess. That was a pretty big operation. I sent a PM to the OH Database Admin.

Last edited:

ibagli

Conneaut is still listed with old frequencies too. I think the prison sites were (are going to be?) some of the last to be done. And as far as I know, the mobile site doesn't even have one fixed set of frequencies, but uses whatever is available in the area to avoid interfering with other sites.

Last edited:
On 10-18-2013 in this post it was reported that MARCS rebanding was complete, but now since you mention it do I see those old frequencies for the Grafton and mobile sites in the DB. They could have been overlooked I guess. That was a pretty big operation. I sent a PM to the OH Database Admin.

Thanks for the answer.

Rebanding and Mobile Site Questions

Conneaut is still listed with old frequencies too. I think the prison sites were (are going to be?) some of the last to be done. And as far as I know, the mobile site doesn't even have one fixed set of frequencies, but uses whatever is available in the area to avoid interfering with other sites.

Okay. Thanks for the answer. It is interesting that the Grafton site has one control frequency within the rebanded range and all the others in the old band.

Also I have noticed that the Mobile Site is listed as State wide for the Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink but for Franklin County for the Ohio MARCS 700 Trunking System. Is this a Mobile Site only specific to Franklin County? If so, are they going to add a Statewide one also?

Swipesy

As of two weeks ago (the last time I was over that way) the Grafton site has NOT been re-banded. The re-banded control frequency you see in the left column of the RR Database is what it would be if it gets re-banded. I believe the same situation applies to Conneaut - still not rebanded.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Also I have noticed that the Mobile Site is listed as State wide for the Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink but for Franklin County for the Ohio MARCS 700 Trunking System. Is this a Mobile Site only specific to Franklin County? If so, are they going to add a Statewide one also?

This could be due to the fact that Franklin County is the state capital and the mobile site is base there (or)

Franklin County / Columbus just started upgrading their local system to MARCS-IP and they may be utilizing the mobile site (or frequencies) for the upgrade installation and testing. I will definitely add it to my scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.