MARCS SDS100 1MB limit - UID

Status
Not open for further replies.

a388sig2

Ok, here’s a long shot.

Anyone know with MARCS on a Uniden if you program every site, every department TG, approximately how many Unit ID’s can you program after you have the basic guts of the system before maxing out at the 1MB limit?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That depends on how verbose you make the text tags.

Copy MARCS to a new favorite list, and check the file size. That will give you an idea how many KB you have to work with.

IMO there's limited value in trying to program tags for every radio on the system. Once you've got the dispatch consoles labeled, trying to keep up with which officer har each handheld is more hassle than it's worth.

a388sig2

I actually find tremendous value in UID naming. Especially in areas of high interop traffic.

Two of my closest LE departments go by car number, so those are static, and I’ve kept up with portables. OSP seems to have less and less “sliding seats,” so even those IDs have kept static.

Fire equipment almost never changes.

If I don’t have a specific car, apparatus or unit number at least giving them a generic department tag with UID helps.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
While not listening to MARCS, I like to give generic names to users UIDs so when they pop up on the statewide or wildcard talkgroups I know who it is without having to search my UID list on the computer.

Swipesy

In Northeast Ohio if you are not using UID's you will be lost. There are approximately 45 different communities on the MARCS, GCRCN and Parma System. Many of the Pd's share a single TG. If you don't use UID you will have a difficult time knowing who is broadcasting.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Ok, here’s a long shot.

Anyone know with MARCS on a Uniden if you program every site, every department TG, approximately how many Unit ID’s can you program after you have the basic guts of the system before maxing out at the 1MB limit?

Probably doesn't help, but I have a Fav List with all sites, all OSP, and every county in the SE quadrant, Including Franklin Co and South and pretty much East along 70 - plus a some N. of 70 along with a 1000 UID. Fike size is 530. I doubt if you could get all the state in one list.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
If MARCS is similar to PAStarNet in size and scope you'll have no trouble keeping under the 1MB size.
I have about 1500 TG's so far
118 confirmed sites and 30 potential unconfirmed sites
6300 UID's with alpha tags of some sort..
And haven't hit the size limit..
You will have to keep an FL dedicated to just one system in such cases.

phask

Premium Subscriber
If MARCS is similar to PAStarNet in size and scope you'll have no trouble keeping under the 1MB size.
I have about 1500 TG's so far
118 confirmed sites and 30 potential unconfirmed sites
6300 UID's with alpha tags of some sort..
And haven't hit the size limit..
You will have to keep an FL dedicated to just one system in such cases.

I think Ohio MARCS is much larger than PA's Starnet.

Ohio MARCS has close to 5000 TG's in RR. 208 Sites (if I counted right).

File size is 562, with 1000 UID and location on.

Created using Proscan and imported into Sentinel.

Status
Not open for further replies.