MARCS site rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for that info. The database has been udpated. (although you wont get an HP-1 update until their normal schedule provides an update).

Mike

Mike - that was JUST using -15.00. I could NOT find a FCC ULS liscense list with Dresden's update. As I said- I see the control channel in the HP, but noting as to hearing it. The old Dresden freqs. are quiet. Zanesville still on old.

I have both new sets loaded in an HP1 with alert tones, so I should know when they actually use it.

Curious - is it common to see activity, but hear nothing? Is there some time between rebanding and going active? This is the 1st MARCS one I have experienced.

Paul - N8PFF

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Mike - that was JUST using -15.00. I could NOT find a FCC ULS liscense list with Dresden's update. As I said- I see the control channel in the HP, but noting as to hearing it. The old Dresden freqs. are quiet. Zanesville still on old.

I have both new sets loaded in an HP1 with alert tones, so I should know when they actually use it.

Curious - is it common to see activity, but hear nothing? Is there some time between rebanding and going active? This is the 1st MARCS one I have experienced.

Paul - N8PFF

Paul,

I don't know anything about the HP-1. But, in general, if a MARCS site gets rebanded, you need to configure that site [in your scanner] to use the rebanded trunking tables. I can't tell you how to do that because I don't use an HP-1.

If you go into the DB and click on "Dresden" site, and hten click on the license -- that license definitely lists the post-rebanding 85x.xxx mhz frequencies along with the pre-rebanding 86x.xxx frequencies.

Once Uniden pulls the updates from RadioREference and then provides them to you HP-1 users, you'll be able to update the site using Sentinel [I think that's what htey call it]. Until then, the only way to do it would be to manually make changes to the site -- and I'm not sure you can do that on an HP-1.

So you may have to wait until Uniden gets the updates from Radioreference and then provides them via Sentinel for you to update your scanner.

When I updated the site in the DB, I set hte 'Rebanded" flag, which Uniden will use to instruct the HP-1 (in a future update of the database via Sentinel) to use the appropriate custom trunking tables that are required for rebanded sites.

Mike

Mike

phask

Premium Subscriber
HP-1 is same/similar to control channel mode on any other scanner.

One can easily create a favorite list that will handle it.

I was just curious as the HP sees it, but no audio.

It's really just as ez as entering the new freqs. or duplicating it with new freq.

One could actually have both sets of freqs. in a favorite.

With West Lafayette and now Dresden - I'd watch for Coshocton sites soon.

SCPD

QRT
Ed,

You are going to have to make sure that (a) your BCD996XT has proper firmware to support rebanding. Given that it is a newer scanner, it probably alread does. And (b) you'll need to make sure and follow the procedure recommended by Uniden for setting that particular trunked site up with the post-rebanding trunking tables.

If you don't do that, you'll have problems.

Mike

OK that's what I was missing. Setting the site mode for custom rebanding and entering the tables. I searched google which led me back to this site in the Summit county discussion. Well I now got hits off Geauga site for Portage Co SO. Whew!

Funny though, I did nothing in the Summit Co programming other than change the CC.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
With West Lafayette and now Dresden - I'd watch for Coshocton sites soon.

Are you suggesting that another site has been rebanded besides Dresden?

What site is West Lafayette in the RR database? And is that site rebanded? If so, what is the CC [if you can tell me that]?

Thanks

Mike

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
Ok, thanks. What you see is exactly the type of garbage I saw when I did one of the following:

a. fired up UT on the CC of a rebanded site with existing data already in UT for that site
b. fired up UT on the CC of a rebanded site after having deleted pre-existing site but before designating the new site as Rebanded using the Wizard [with only the CC in there at the time].

It wasn't until I removed the site, recreated the site with the reciever off and only the known active 850 mhz control channel in. Then I clicked on the Wizard, selected Rebanded, and then fired up the reciever. At that point it worked fine for that particular site.

Mike

Ok, so I took the advice and just ran Unitrunker, I can confirm the Wickliffe site as 100% correct as what is already in the RRDB. The peers I added yesterday are the same. I will look for the Beachwood site and verify if it has or has not been rebanded at this time.

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Aside from the sites I've noted in the DB as having been rebanded today, techs have been at the following locations and sites may/may not be rebanded. If they are not rebanded, they likely will be very soon:

6F10-054 Newcastle
712D-013 Troy
712D-031 Orient
6F0F-049 Shalersville

Mike

SCPD

QRT
Aside from the sites I've noted in the DB as having been rebanded today, techs have been at the following locations and sites may/may not be rebanded. If they are not rebanded, they likely will be very soon: ~~~snip~~~

6F0F-049 Shalersville

Mike

Looks like CC = 853.9875 now. Getting hits off that site this afternoon after hearing nothing earlier with the old CC programmed.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Are you suggesting that another site has been rebanded besides Dresden?

What site is West Lafayette in the RR database? And is that site rebanded? If so, what is the CC [if you can tell me that]?

Thanks

Mike

My bad it's New Philadelphia...

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Official MARCS control channels

All,

Recognizing that there have been some configuration headaches out in Scanner Land in terms of identifying new control channels, our friends at Ohio MARCS have kindly made available the official post-rebanding primary control channel list (attached). This should make it a bit easier to reconfigure your scanners for the rebanding changes.

Ohio admins: please add these to the database as needed.

Tom WA8PYR

Attachments

• MARCS New Control Channels 2013-08-27.pdf
    70.1 KB · Views: 361

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
All,

Recognizing that there have been some configuration headaches out in Scanner Land in terms of identifying new control channels, our friends at Ohio MARCS have kindly made available the official post-rebanding primary control channel list (attached). This should make it a bit easier to reconfigure your scanners for the rebanding changes.

Tom WA8PYR

Thank you, Tom.... and our Ohio MARCS friends :) Although I'm still going to push for asking savvy users to let us know what they have for primary/alt CC on those sites for which we do not know both.

MIke

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Thank you, Tom.... and our Ohio MARCS friends :) Although I'm still going to push for asking savvy users to let us know what they have for primary/alt CC on those sites for which we do not know both.

Mike,

That's fine, and expected; all contributions are welcome. However, we do have quite a few rather sparsely populated areas where this list will really come in handy for a lot of folks, and it being provided by MARCS is much appreciated.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
All,

Tom WA8PYR

Thanks for the list. But, unless they are coming back later for changes, had equipment problems, changes were made to the list, or somebody forgot to tell the techs the Middle Point site is still pumping out its control channel on 853.6625 this morning.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks for the list. But, unless they are coming back later for changes, had equipment problems, changes were made to the list, or somebody forgot to tell the techs the Middle Point site is still pumping out its control channel on 853.6625 this morning.

Mike

Are you able to snag the alt CC off of that site, mike? I'd guess that if 853.6625 is the current CC, 851.7625 is probably secondary.

Mike

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Are you able to snag the alt CC off of that site, mike? I'd guess that if 853.6625 is the current CC, 851.7625 is probably secondary.

851.7625 would actually be the primary. The secondary CC (853.6625) was probably rebanded first and made active, then the primary CC rebanded, and just hasn't been switched back yet. It's also possible that a problem occurred with the base station for the primary and it's not operational at this time.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
851.7625 would actually be the primary. The secondary CC (853.6625) was probably rebanded first and made active, then the primary CC rebanded, and just hasn't been switched back yet. It's also possible that a problem occurred with the base station for the primary and it's not operational at this time.

My confusion on this one in particular is that at some point in the past 867.75 was listed as an alternate control channel. When the site was rebanded I changed it to 852.75. But if Mike i seeing 853.6625 as a CC and we know the primary is 851.7625, just wondering where that left 852.75. I'd rather know specifically the two advertised control channels for that site rather than guessing at the second one at this point.

The bigger picture is that many sites [for which I know there are only two control channels] list more than two control channels. I'd like to get that cleaned up. I'm sure places like the Columbus Simulcast are different, but since the vast majority of sites only use two I would certainly like to verify the two and then clean up any remnants of other alternates listed.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
Beachwood site

I notice the RRDB lists both 853.1 AND 868.1 as primary control channels for Beachwood. 868.1 is still in use at this time.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I notice the RRDB lists both 853.1 AND 868.1 as primary control channels for Beachwood. 868.1 is still in use at this time.

Ed. That is correct. All non-rebanded sites should list two red (primary) control channels. That will help you guys out who are waiting for sites to reband. You can program the primary rebanded 850 mhz control channel into a site that is not rebanded yet. Once rebanding occurs, you'll more than likely still hear at least some traffic on the site. You'd still have to set the rebanded trunking tables once a site is rebanded and would still likely want to determine what the alternate CC is if we haven't listed it.

But this should help people "prepare" for their local sites to be rebanded.

Those 850 mhz post-rebanding primary control channels have been added to all not-rebanded sites to help you all in the transition. Those post-rebanding primary control channels were taken from the MARCS-provided PDF mentioned earlier in this thread.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.