MARCS site rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Post 12 reband

853.9875 is control however it is listed as alternate
Can anyone answer if PIQUA and Dayton will be on same control channel as springfield, they used to be but with this I am not sure if I hear them. Im going to take everything off tomorrrow but OSP and monitor this control channel to see who I hear, also since Careflight moved to!!

Dubbin

Feed Provider
For anyone around Findlay -- can you verify the new primary / alternate control channels for the Findlay site? The primary CC will be one of the ones listed below, and the alternate CC will also.

Thanks

Mike

Mike I plugged these in and I'm not hearing a thing.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
For anyone around Findlay -- can you verify the new primary / alternate control channels for the Findlay site? The primary CC will be one of the ones listed below, and the alternate CC will also.

Thanks

Mike

TRUNK88 from on the Lima site is showing 853.9500 is the CC. Too far away (really this time) for my radio to pick up the data on TRUNK88.

Mike

Dubbin

Feed Provider

Thanks

Mike

That should be 852.6125 not 852.1625 and it should also be the alternate CC. Still not hearing anything on any of this though. I do hear the CC (853.9500) loud and clear but nothing else.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
That should be 852.6125 not 852.1625 and it should also be the alternate CC. Still not hearing anything on any of this though. I do hear the CC (853.9500) loud and clear but nothing else.

852.6125 if you subtract 15 mhz. However, that isn't what is done in all cases. And, the FCC license specifically indicates 852.1625 -- no 852.6125. Until somebody runs a trunking program to get a complete and accurate listing of what truly is in use on the system, I'm going to stick with listing 852.1625 in the DB. As part of the rebanding process, if there is any [potential] issue with interference with the -15 Mhz freqs, they use a different frequency in its place. This could have been the case with 852.6125.

Ok on the CC. Not sure I would expect to hear anything on the other frequencies unless their was voice traffic. You might want to make sure you have the rebanded bandplan in your scanner for that site.

Mike

PS: If somebody is indeed inclined to run a trunking program on 853.95, please obtain the alt CC, any voice CCs in use, and any site neighbors listed. We might as well get everything as accurate as possible in the DB.

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Need help verifying CCs on rebanded sites

Hi Folks,

I am attempting to maintain a list [in the Wiki] of sites we know were rebanded. If you determine that a new site not on that list has been rebanded, please post here and submit it to the DB.

State of Ohio MARCS - Multi-Agency Radio Communications - The RadioReference Wiki

For nearly all of the sites listed at the above link, the new control channels have not been verified. We have basically guessed [when we could] which ones would be the control channels, by simply subtracting 15 Mhz. However, that is not the way to actually verify. The way to actually verify Primary and Alternate CCs is by using a trunking program (such as Unitrunker or Trunk88).

If you are within earshot of a site that has been rebanded, or if you find a site you regularly monitor has been rebanded, AND you have the ability to run Unitrunker on that site, please do so. Once you are able to determine the primary (current) control channel and the alternate control channel, as well as any site neighbors/peers, please submit that information to the database or post here [submission to the DB is better - posting in both locations is fine I think]. Let us know your results.

Remember, the DB is only as good [and as accurate] as you make it. In order to help people know what to program in, we are doing the best we can to identify the new control channel when a site has been rebanded. But, ultimately it is you the listener who is going to tell us what the actual control channels are.

Thanks!

Mike

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
Site 52 Gates Mills (Chesterland)

Confirmed in Unitrunker
Site 52 - Gates Mills (Chesterland in RRDB)

LCN 41 852.0375MHz (AC)
LCN 49 852.2375MHz
LCN 97 853.4375MHZ
LCN 493 852.3500MHz (CC)

Peers:
Site 43 Cleveland
Site 45 Beachwood
Site 49 Shalersville
Site 53 Chardon
Site 54 Wickliffe

I did notice that there was a 5th channel in the FCC license database @ 851.6250MHz but have yet to see activity on it.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
LCN ???

What system are we talking about?

He's talking about the system whose thread he posted under -- MARCS (the current/old system).

P25, Moto Type 1/II, EDACS -- They all have LCNs. He just happened to note the LCN numbers since that information is available from Unitrunker. No need to be concerned about its mention though. As far as programming your scanner for MARCS, the LCN numbers have no bearing. If it were an EDACS or LTR site, you'd need to concern yourself with the LCN numbers.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The Paulding site may be rebanded -- but I didn't hear the Helpdesk dialog to verify that it was. Techs were there swapping out the directional coupler or whatever. This seems to always be a precursor to rebanding the site.

So if you monitor the Paulding site, please check and see if the control on 860 mhz is still active. If not, check the site license and search for the CC on the new 850 mhz freqs. If you find that it has been rebanded, please post here to let us know.

Thanks

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
Site 54 Wickliffe "LAKECO"

CC 853.0375MHz (not contested)
AC showing as 863.5625MHz when running Unitrunker (verification of AC was requested in the Wiki)

Peers are as follows:
36 Geneva
43 Cleveland *
44 Hopkins *
45 Beachwood *
52 Chesterland
53 Chardon

*Indicated a CC that has yet to be rebanded as of 5pm 8/26/13

SCPD

QRT
Did they reduce power or redirect antennas on the Chesterland site? I hear nothing on any of the old or new frequencies.

On the MARCS IP site I get lots of hits off Geauga.

Swipesy

Did they reduce power or redirect antennas on the Chesterland site? I hear nothing on any of the old or new frequencies.

On the MARCS IP site I get lots of hits off Geauga.

I am not hearing Chesterland either and I am 5 miles away as the crow flies.

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
I'll double check my numbers tomorrow when I am close to the site but I was definetely monitoring that cc. The location I monitored from was literally 500ft south of the control tower at CGF (CuyCo airport)

Swipesy

I'll double check my numbers tomorrow when I am close to the site but I was definetely monitoring that cc. The location I monitored from was literally 500ft south of the control tower at CGF (CuyCo airport)

I think your numbers are fine. I am monitoring with Universal Tracker and it is reporting what you posted. There just is no voice on the tower for some reason.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
CC 853.0375MHz (not contested)
AC showing as 863.5625MHz when running Unitrunker (verification of AC was requested in the Wiki)

DId you make sure and go to that specific site in Unitrunker, click on Channels, remove all channels but the CC, then click on the WIzard icon and specify "Rebanded" and then fire up the UT receiver?

If you didn't follow that procedure, you'll get corrupt info. Once a site is rebanded, you need to tell UT that the individual site is rebanded.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.