MARCS Squelch Question/Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioTech19

Good afternoon!

It's been awhile since I have posted on here. But I have ran into a slight problem.

My PRO-106 scanning the MARCS network has been streaming online for awhile now. I have recently started noticing a loss of traffic and a digital sound at the beginning and end of the traffic. It sort of sounds "digitized". The PRO-106 has really good signal strength to two different towers and is showing a good quality in that signal.

At the time, my squelch setting is set to half. I am only scanning the digital network on this radio. My question is, is my squelch settings causing this audio issue? Is there a setting that is causing this problem?

Also, nothing has changed in hardware or location of the radio. It's been the same for years.

SCPD

QRT
I don't know what squelch would have to do in a TRS. But in the Unidens, they recommend turn the squelch off (loose).. That assumes you are only scanning a TRS and no conventional channels. I have heard that "brap" sound on certain MARCS TGs from time to time but it's not any one particular TG or time.

RadioTech19

What would be causing that to happen? It seems like at times the entire traffic isn't coming across. Also, sometimes the conversations will sound scrambled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
I have no idea.

Someone with a 106 and in your area will be along and help you out hopefully. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.