MARCS talkgroups not listed in database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I have three I have stored and when I went to update the alpha tags in Win500, I checked and they aren't listed:

Anyone know what these are?

Thanks in advance.

Swipesy

These are all talkgroups with status bits. All MARCS talkgroups are evenly divisible by 16, if not that are a talkgroup with a status bit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_Type_II

The actual talkgroups are:

13168 - not listed in db
10064 - EPA-4
10688 - ONG-4

Mike

Mike, thanks for posting this. You have just solved one of my greatest mysteries of the MARCS System. I could never understand how I was getting 50-60 hits a month on a particular Wildcard TG on MARCS yet it never ended up in RR. Now I know - Status Bits. Great information.

John

mdulrich

Feed Provider
And just to clarify, that would hold true for any Motorola Type II system regardless if they are using analog or digital talkgroups.

Mike

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Thanks a lot. I had totally forgotten about the status bits.

Best bet in order to avoid confusion is to set the scanner to ignore the status bits....

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
And how do you do that on a PSR500?

Thanks,

John

There isn't an easy way to do that on a PSR-500 that I know of. I think you're choices would be to (a) use group wildcards and live with the transmissions that have a status bit set, (b) turn off the group wildcard, or posssibly (c) create those specific talkgroups that you want to ignore, in the scanner, and then lock them out.

Mike

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
Since I have a Pro-106 and a PSR-500, I set them up identically, and removed the wildcards on the 500 and it missed a lot of stuff the 106 was getting, so I would just live with the status bits. They add talkgroups and having to add them in manually would be a hassle.

ibagli

I didn't even know it was possible for the PSR-500, etc. to show status bits. Mine's never done it...

Status
Not open for further replies.