MARCS talkgroups. OSP...how are we that we have the right alphatag on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizwiz

Hi,

I submitted this to the database.

The other day, I was driving north on I-77 in the 'strip' area in between canton and akron. I noticed an OSP trooper stop to help a disabled vehicle.

The talkgroup associated with 'Post 18 Cleveland' lit up with her calling in her location and the disabled vehicle.

a few miles later, I saw an OSP trooper pull over a vehicle. I noted the license plate on the vehicle and sure enough again, the talkgroup associated with 'Post 18 Cleveland' lit up with a trooper calling in that plate # and the correct vehicle description .

I was nowhere near cleveland. I would think these guys were from a Canton-area highway patrol post.

Are we sure these alphatags are correct? Its bad to have some of them incorrect.

Going a step further, are we sure we have all the talkgroups (at least for OSP) in the database?

Nasby

You are absolutely correct. I am picking up the Cleveland Post 18 talkgroup with troopers calling out to "CANTON."
Perhaps the Canton Post is handling this talkgroup as part of OSP's consolidation of posts.

dizwiz

are there more like this? or is this the only one?

Itd be nice to hear from other users across the state of ohio.

16b

Premium Subscriber
Like snjct2000 said, this is happening all over Ohio due to the dispatch consolidation program that OSP has been doing for a little while now. As far as I know they just patch the talkgroups for the various posts together, so theoretically the traffic you heard would also be heard on the regular CANTON talkgroup or whatever it's called. The alpha name for the talkgroup you were listening to is most likely correct; it's just patched to another talkgroup. If you have Unitrunker you can watch the system and see the patches.

FYI, post 76 is on Shuffel at the expressway, just north of the strip area.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
are there more like this? or is this the only one?

Itd be nice to hear from other users across the state of ohio.

Yep, happening all over the state. Post 2 (Lima) is being dispatched by Post 81 (Van Wert). All Post 2 traffic is on the Post 2 talkgroup and the troopers call "Van Wert." I have read that eventually all District 1 traffic will be handled by one dispatch center in District 1.

BTW, the post in Lima is still open for troopers to work out of.

Mike

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Like snjct2000 said, this is happening all over Ohio due to the dispatch consolidation program that OSP has been doing for a little while now. As far as I know they just patch the talkgroups for the various posts together, so theoretically the traffic you heard would also be heard on the regular CANTON talkgroup or whatever it's called. The alpha name for the talkgroup you were listening to is most likely correct; it's just patched to another talkgroup. If you have Unitrunker you can watch the system and see the patches.

Ditto. Just patches; I'm seeing them in the Columbus area as well.

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
Yep, happening all over the state. Post 2 (Lima) is being dispatched by Post 81 (Van Wert). All Post 2 traffic is on the Post 2 talkgroup and the troopers call "Van Wert." I have read that eventually all District 1 traffic will be handled by one dispatch center in District 1.

BTW, the post in Lima is still open for troopers to work out of.

Mike

Dispatching for D1 is supposed to be going to Findlay, D1's HQ.

osp

i got a new gre-800 scanner when i monitor the state patrol and when their talking on my display it shows (PATCH) thats blinking cool scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.