marcs talkroup 9744 off of franklin co. site

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizwiz

I picked up an interesting police tg.

9744. Its not in our database.

Its undercop ops of some sort, or someones TAC channel.

Based on what I was hearing, it is not osp because they requested to have osp come in and make the 'stop'.

I was on i71 delaware area when I first starting picking it up off franklin co. Marcs site.

16b

Premium Subscriber
This is one of the Talkgroups That Shall Not Be Named. They're not listed in the database on purpose, and discussion of their usage ist verboten on ze forums.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
This is one of the Talkgroups That Shall Not Be Named. They're not listed in the database on purpose, and discussion of their usage ist verboten on ze forums.

There is no policy to keep talkgroups out of the DB and there is also no rule that says they cannot be discussed in the forums.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
There is no policy to keep talkgroups out of the DB and there is also no rule that says they cannot be discussed in the forums.

This discussion comes up from time to time; the rule is that unidentified talkgroups/frequencies do not go in the database. The users of this talkgroup are very careful about saying who they are; in fact, other than giving their locations, their communications security is pretty darn good outside the fact that they're unencrypted for some strange reason. As such, no one has ever been able to identify who the user agency is, despite a few years of trying.

If you can positively identify the user agency (no guesses), submit it.

Last edited:

dizwiz

Its not a big deal. I was thinking about submitting it, but I'm not going to. Can't identify who it is. Usually I don't listen in on open mode anyways, this was rare that I had wildcard enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.