MARCS TGID 48400 - Dayton Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
For years I have been hearing traffic on MARCS TGID 48400 which is listed for NCI-1 Noble Correction Institution.
This talkgroup is consistently heard off of the Dayton tower site Zone 712D Site 033.

NCI is clear on the opposite side of the state. I have monitored this enough to note that this TGID cannot be coming from NCI.
It could either be DCI or MEPRC here in Montgomery County but I never hear enough traffic or a point of reference to pinpoint exactly where this is used.

Can some other monitors here in the Dayton area keep an eye/ear out for this TGID to help figure this out?

Concurrently can someone in/around Noble County monitor to see if this talkgroup is heard there at all?

Yeah, I know its boring listening to corrections, but this is a mystery that needs to be solved.

Thanks,
Mark

sopranosno1

i been wondering the same thing. the last i saw the radio id it didnt seem to be anything close to d.c.i. besides dci and prelease center what else in the area is state related correctional. any state juvi place in the area?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
i been wondering the same thing. the last i saw the radio id it didnt seem to be anything close to d.c.i. besides dci and prelease center what else in the area is state related correctional. any state juvi place in the area?

According to the ODRC website there are two Half-Way Houses in Montgomery County, but I rather doubt either one would be using a MARCS radio.

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Also, according to the ODRC site.... what about the MonDay CCI facility? Would they have jumped from the Montgomery Co TRS over to the State system, since they aren't on the Mont Co system anymore?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Also, according to the ODRC site.... what about the MonDay CCI facility? Would they have jumped from the Montgomery Co TRS over to the State system, since they aren't on the Mont Co system anymore?

That's a possibility. I was told they went to Nextel, but that was third-party info.
I didn't realize the MonDay program was state level, I thought it was county level.

Thanks,
Mark

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Yup, apparently they are.... I was surprised when I checked into the ODRC page you furnished. I, too, thought they were at the "county" level....

Dave T.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Dredging up an older thread, but I am back to hearing TGID 48400 active again this afternoon off the Dayton Tower. I am keeping notes on radio IDs. So far Control is 40360 and they were talking to a 400 series unit using 40890. Anyone else still keeping tabs on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.