MARCS Unit ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

xusmarine1979

I'm looking for an updated list of the UID's for MARCS other than what's on the Wiki. If anyone would like to share or point me to a list. Otherwise I may start working on one and update as I go.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I'm looking for an updated list of the UID's for MARCS other than what's on the Wiki. If anyone would like to share or point me to a list. Otherwise I may start working on one and update as I go.

The general ID logic (ie which block of IDs belongs to what county/agency) is correct.

As far as specific counties and agencies, the Wiki is user-edited so what's there is as up-to-date as you're going to get. If you want to work on updating or adding a local area listing for the Wiki that would be great.

However, as you're working on this do not add listings which specify particular individuals or positions. The information you put in the Wiki must be limited to general vehicle info (such as EFD Engine 12 or EFD Police Cruiser), or general walkie info (EFD portable radio or EPD portable radio). If you put in information which identifies an individual or specific position it will be removed.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

You must be joking right? I'm sure you are not, but you know that wiki contains volumes more info about Stark Radio IDs than anyone else's information I've ever seen published. It's not perfect, and it's not current, but there is a lot there.

And the reason why I don't bother updating it is because now a lot of agencies are being issued radios inside a block of radio IDs that doesn't make sense to publish. f or instance.

xxxx2052 agency 1
xxxx2053 agency 4
xxxx2054 agency 5
xxxx2055 agency 1

etc

Once it gets to the point where one cannot really publish "blocks" of radio IDs being used, the nexst step is for you to install something like Unitrunker or DSDPlus on your computer and start logging locally 24/7. Then you would have all of the radio IDs.

Mike

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Once it gets to the point where one cannot really publish "blocks" of radio IDs being used, the nexst step is for you to install something like Unitrunker or DSDPlus on your computer and start logging locally 24/7. Then you would have all of the radio IDs.

Mike

I've been using UT to do this very thing for a neighboring County....
As I've seen, a large majority of the information is already there. The only big problem comes, as Mike stated, when they (the radio shop) start issuing Radio IDs willy-nilly and that's when it becomes a nightmare. Not necessarily on the local stuff; but, the State and Fed stuff can be a pain-in-the-rump.....

My recommendation.... don't waste your time re-inventing the wheel....

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
The only big problem comes, as Mike stated, when they (the radio shop) start issuing Radio IDs willy-nilly and that's when it becomes a nightmare.

You'll find this to be the case in most counties where they're Tier 1 or Tier 2 MARCS customers; MARCS issues IDs from the xx9xxxx block on a "next available" basis, meaning Department X sends in a list of 10 radios which are issued the next 10 available IDs. Department Y sends in a list of two radios, and they get the next two available IDs. Then Agency X comes in again with five more radios, and gets the next five IDs. And so on. . . .

In some places it can really be mixed up depending on how the list was sent in; if it was a hodgepodge listing sent in on a countywide basis, all bets are off.

The annoying thing is that the rest of the county range (xx00000 through xx89999) is available, and a Tier 1 county could put together an ID plan if they wished, assigning specific blocks to specific agencies. Even if the IDs were assigned randomly in each block it would make life easier for everyone (for example when an emergency banner goes off, one could at least look at the ID and know which agency it is).

xusmarine1979

Vehicle ID's are my primary interest. I know portables can vary so I'm not concerned with those in any way. I did start my own list a while back by just playing back recorded audio and seeing the ID that popped up. It was a bit time consuming but I had a pretty good list going until I couldn't remember what I did with it.

I've always had Radio Shack or GRE and I don't think those had the feature to tag the ID's so I actually enjoy using it (corny I know).

I already have everything from Wiki, I was simply seeking if anyone had anything updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.