Marcs With The 996

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bvfd041

I Was Wondering if There Was Anyone That Could Help Me I Have It Programmed In THe Radio But I Am Wanting TO Input All The Control Channel Frequencies But I Can Only Enter 40 How Can I Enter All Of Them Also I know On The 396 You Could Make it Control Channel Only On THe p25 Type Systems Here You Can't It Has Band Plan Didn't Think P25 Systems Had That Or End Code Or Status Bit Should They Be Off Or On

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
A few suggestions if you'd like people to respond to your posts.

1. Stop capitalizing every word. It makes it very very difficult to read and follow
2. Use some punctuation - that's one huge run-on sentence

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The MARCS system is not a true P25 system. It's simply a Motorola 800 mhz system as far as configuration goes.

You can't add more than 40 CCs into a single system. If you want to scan more than 40 CCs, you are going to need to create multiple systems.

Mike

LEH

Premium Subscriber
mtindor said:
A few suggestions if you'd like people to respond to your posts.

1. Stop capitalizing every word. It makes it very very difficult to read and follow
2. Use some punctuation - that's one huge run-on sentence

Mike

IThinkItIsTheNewStyleOfWritingBeingTaughtInOurSchoolsNoPunctuationNoUnderstandingOfTheRulesOfGrammarAndWayTwoManyTextMessages

Actually there was a guy blasting another poster because he asked a similar question. Said it's the new way of writing and to get used to it.

Personally, I tend to ignore the posts that are so poorly written they are unintelligible. Even on the occasions when I text message, I don't use shorthand. But then, like I've said in the past, I write for a living and the shorthand drives me up the wall.

Scott_to_the_rescue, as the 396 and the 996 are very similar, I'd expect the 996 to allow the 200 channels per trunked system like the 396 does. I'd recommend reading the manual and verifying what it says.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
LEH said:
IThinkItIsTheNewStyleOfWritingBeingTaughtInOurSchoolsNoPunctuationNoUnderstandingOfTheRulesOfGrammarAndWayTwoManyTextMessages

Actually there was a guy blasting another poster because he asked a similar question. Said it's the new way of writing and to get used to it.

Personally, I tend to ignore the posts that are so poorly written they are unintelligible. Even on the occasions when I text message, I don't use shorthand. But then, like I've said in the past, I write for a living and the shorthand drives me up the wall.

Scott_to_the_rescue, as the 396 and the 996 are very similar, I'd expect the 996 to allow the 200 channels per trunked system like the 396 does. I'd recommend reading the manual and verifying what it says.

Lynn,

I used to own a 996 and 396, and if 200 channels per system is allowed, I had no clue - I robably shoudl keep my mouth shut. I actually thought that 40 ch/sys thing was factual. Call me a dumbass.

I do believe you're correct in your assessment of the author's writing / grammar.

I was suckered into replying, I guess. After I went and clicked on other messages of his posted since 2005, it's obvious that he doesn't care to correct things to make his posts more readable and understandable.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.