marcs zone 3 and 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucknut937

Premium Subscriber
im going to be traveling on us 23 this week for the holiday and i need some help programming in the sites that get the osp traffic. also besides the S.O. what are some other good things to programing and listen while driving on us 23 in ohio

thanks

ZAC

Mike-KC8OWL

I do not know all of the counties that US 23 passes through but that would be a good place to start - identify all of the counties you will need the Control Channels from and program them in (not sure what type of scanner you have). I would simply add all of the OSP talk groups and run the scanner in open or closed mode depending what I wanted to listen to (i.e. everything or just OSP).

Here is a map of the MARCS zones:
Image:MARCS Map.png - The RadioReference Wiki

Here is a Wiki on Route 23:
U.S. Route 23 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

bucknut937

Premium Subscriber
pro 106 is the scanner im using but yeah i gonna have it open for police only ems and fire not so much do to the importance of my listening unless theres a bad accident on 23 you know what i mean

thanks

ZAC

Mike-KC8OWL

Do you use software to program the 106? If so, you can download everything you need from the RR database as long as you have a premium subscription. It is well worth the donation to make programming life more simple.

I don't have a profile already set up for that area of the state so you will need to do some of the homework to map out the basics like the counties you will be passing through. from there all you need ot do is enter the control channels and you will be on your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.