Marcus Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

XPS720

Premium Subscriber
I am receiving strong server signals on Ledyard 451.2125, 452.850 and other... mhz. It is like a heart beat. On my AOR receiver I hear someone talk now and then. On my SDS200 and BCD536HP I hear no one but I see that strong signal on the RSSI. Do I need to do a special set up on my SDS200 and BCD536 to hear that Marcus server?

Thank you.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
without looking that sounds like ltr. are there tg's entered? if there are businesses on that frequency many are closed right now. I monitor Marcus Avon Site and hear nothing during covid-19

cg

Premium Subscriber
That is/was a Passport site in Ledyard I believe. You would hear a keyup every second or two. Still some traffic on the Passport including a number of commercial EMS services.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
Cannot trunk track Passport with any of the scanners on the market.
If they were LTR, you could but you need to know the LCN for each channel for LTR. If there is an analog keyup every second or two, that is Passport and you cannot trunk track that on the scanners. If there is a keyup every 10 seconds or so, that is regular LTR and can be trunk tracked with many of the scanners in use. I don't think there is much Marcus LTR left.
Marcus also runs digital with the Hytera Tier III system and the Hytera XPT system. The Tier III uses constant control channels and is Networked across much of the state. The XPT is a type of single site trunking and is similar to the Passport in that is has data bursts every second or two but they are digital traffic. They are both monitorable with the DMR capable scanners but the Hytera Tier III cannot be trunktracked by the Uniden scanners. It was something that Uniden supposedly was working on prior to UPMan's passing.
You can trunktrack the Passport using SDRTrunk computer program and SDR dongles. You can trunktrack the Tier III with DSDPlus Fast Lane.

chris

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Cannot trunk track Passport with any of the scanners on the market.
I don't think there is much Marcus LTR left.

chris

The Manchester LTR system is still active and I heard traffic on the East Windsor pre-COVID shut down, mostly airport shuttles. Haven't really listened since.

Status
Not open for further replies.