Marcus DMR Tier III 436HP programming question

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I've been trying to program the Marcus TIII DMR system in my 436HP, primarily the Avon and Bolton sites.

I created a new "MotoTROBO Trunk" system and created the sites.

For Avon I programmed:
463.5125 LCN 1081 CC3
452.850 LCN 228 CC3
452.150 LCN 172 CC3
451.375 LCN 375 CC3

and got a strong signal, DT3 and Slot1 showed in the bottom left corner, ran it in discovery mode while I was at work but got no hits after 8 hours.

Any suggestions, do I need to program each freq twice like in the RRDB site listing, just the control channel like a P25 system or am I doing something else wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
From our wiki, and these threads are somewhat long...

Mike

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Program all four frequencies once time each with its LCN. For 451.375 the LCN listed in the database is 110, not 375. I don't program color codes unless there are two competing signals on a trunked frequency. Put the scanner in ID Search to catch all unencrypted traffic.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Also make sure you have at least one TG programmed in. I've experienced first hand on the Unidens that if you don't have a TG programmed in, it'll skip the system. A "dummy" tg will work. This has been mentioned elsewhere on here as well.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I've been trying to program the Marcus TIII DMR system in my 436HP, primarily the Avon and Bolton sites.

I created a new "MotoTROBO Trunk" system and created the sites.

For Avon I programmed:
463.5125 LCN 1081 CC3
452.850 LCN 228 CC3
452.150 LCN 172 CC3
451.375 LCN 375 CC3

and got a strong signal, DT3 and Slot1 showed in the bottom left corner, ran it in discovery mode while I was at work but got no hits after 8 hours.

Any suggestions, do I need to program each freq twice like in the RRDB site listing, just the control channel like a P25 system or am I doing something else wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.
You can read this thread and get more on this problem:
I have the SDS-100 and wasted my money getting the DMR upgrade. Uniden never fixed the problem and apparently will not in the future. All Unidens are the same. They don't track the tier III systems. With my Whistlers, I just program all of the freqs. conventionally and it scans and logs everything fine, but you cannot lockout any unwanted talkgroups because they also don't trunktrack. It's been talked about here on the forums for a few years now. Since Paul UPMan passed, there has been very little support or updates to any Uniden scanners. I think @JoeBearcat was just hired to come on here to calm the crowd lol.

Reconrider

You can read this thread and get more on this problem:
I have the SDS-100 and wasted my money getting the DMR upgrade. Uniden never fixed the problem and apparently will not in the future. All Unidens are the same. They don't track the tier III systems. With my Whistlers, I just program all of the freqs. conventionally and it scans and logs everything fine, but you cannot lockout any unwanted talkgroups because they also don't trunktrack. It's been talked about here on the forums for a few years now. Since Paul UPMan passed, there has been very little support or updates to any Uniden scanners. I think @JoeBearcat was just hired to come on here to calm the crowd lol.
If you don't program the LCNs into the system for the sds series, it'll scan the system and give you audio. I haven't had any issue with it in the past year doing it that way.

MOTORHEAD27

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD996P2 and I don't program the LCNs and it works fine . I hear all the hunter Ambulances fine.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Program all four frequencies once time each with its LCN. For 451.375 the LCN listed in the database is 110, not 375. I don't program color codes unless there are two competing signals on a trunked frequency. Put the scanner in ID Search to catch all unencrypted traffic.
That was a typo. I had programmed 110 in the scanner, but still didn't get any traffic. I'll have to look to see if I have any competing signals.

MarkB513

I have a BCD996P2 and I don't program the LCNs and it works fine . I hear all the hunter Ambulances fine.

Is your BCD996P2 actually tracking the talk groups without the LCN's or are you hearing everything in search mode? The only way I could get it to track the talk groups on my BCD996P2 was to program each frequency along with the control frequency into three separate sites being I didn't know the LCN's. Only then would it scan the system and recognize the talk groups. A little cumbersome, but it works.

MOTORHEAD27

Premium Subscriber
I program all the frequency's for the site IE Durham . I put it in search then save the one's I want and lock out the rest. It takes a little time but it works.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
A minor point on this. They will trunk track standard T3 systems. By won't trunk track Hytera Tier III systems.
Like most generalized statements, this one has exceptions. Certain Hytera T3 systems confuse certain Uniden scanners, but not all. The BCD536HP does better at tracking T3 than BCD996P2. The BCD996P2 and BCD325P2 have little to no flexibility for improvement because the firmware already takes up all the available memory space. There is a Hytera T3 here that tracks perfectly on a BCD536HP.

Member @cg will likely know about any difficulties with the Marcus system and if there are any workarounds.

MarkB513

I program all the frequency's for the site IE Durham . I put it in search then save the one's I want and lock out the rest. It takes a little time but it works.
I'll have to try that; I'm surprised it recognizes the talk groups. It sounds better than having 3 sites to scan.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Marcus Tier III works on my 536 but not my 996P2. I have tried entering by ProScan, entering by hand, with DCC, without, no luck. I have very strong signals on a couple sites. Sitting on the Control Channel in custom search shows SYSID & site and shows TGIDs but since you cannot do DMR CC Only with a custom bandplan, you can't enter a bandplan and search.