Maricopa Police Frequencies???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloScanMan_01

Does anyone have the frequencies for the new City of Maricopa Police Department in Kern County??? The Department was reopened in 2006. In the past the city shut down the PD in the 1990's (1997?) and contracted with Taft PD, and then the Sheriff. Thank you.

1979lee

Does anyone have the frequencies for the new City of Maricopa Police Department in Kern County??? The Department was reopened in 2006. In the past the city shut down the PD in the 1990's (1997?) and contracted with Taft PD, and then the Sheriff. Thank you.
Sloscanman

MAricopa pd shares a radio plan/dispatcher with the city of tafts pd

453.100 pl 107.2

taft pd units id as terry .....

maricopa pd id on the radio as mark.....

see the database here at rr, i provided it

Taft, City of

Frequency Input License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
453.10000 458.10000 WXF905 RM 107.2 PL Police Dispatch/Primary (includes Maricopa Police) FM Law Dispatch
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?cs=WXF905
taft pd has had this channel sicne at least 1980. its in my 1980 police call book

iam in north bakersfield and i can hear taft/maricopa pd very clear with a handheld scanner or with my psr400/scantenna setup.

KMA367

MAricopa pd shares a radio plan/dispatcher with the city of tafts pd

453.100 pl 107.2
taft pd units id as terry .....
maricopa pd id on the radio as mark.....
Is the town of Maricopa any more professional than they were back in the 60s? In December of 1967 the mayor (who happened to own the town liquor store) and the Council were all over the PD's case about being too heavy-handed about arrests and ticketing cars for going even 1 mph over the limit. So one day the the mayor fired the existing police commissioner, the local butcher, and replaced him with the city's hardware store owner. With that, the entire police department quit on the spot - Chief John Ashcraft, relief officer Tommy Arnold, and Reserve Officer John Dillard, a school teacher. The council appointed some citizens to "keep the peace" until the PD could be rebuilt a couple months later. And after two months, the new department resigned for the same reason: Chief Charlie Wall and his assistant named Rains left because they felt they didn't have the backing of the fine people of Maricopa.

I've got a picture of their one patrol car at the time, looks like a Dodge or Plymouth, but it's to fuzzy to see any antenna.

Last edited:

1979lee

Is the town of Maricopa any more professional than they were back in the 60s? In December of 1967 the mayor (who happened to own the town liquor store) and the Council were all over the PD's case about being too heavy-handed about arrests and ticketing cars for going even 1 mph over the limit. So one day the the mayor fired the existing police commissioner, the local butcher, and replaced him with the city's hardware store owner. With that, the entire police department quit on the spot - Chief John Ashcraft, relief officer Tommy Arnold, and Reserve Officer John Dillard, a school teacher. The council appointed some citizens to "keep the peace" until the PD could be rebuilt a couple months later. And after two months, the new department resigned for the same reason: Chief Charlie Wall and his assistant named Rains left because they felt they didn't have the backing of the fine people of Maricopa.

I've got a picture of their one patrol car at the time, looks like a Dodge or Plymouth, but it's to fuzzy to see any antenna.

I had no idea the maricopa pd had such a history.
sort of just a hole in the wall kinda place i never spent much time around there, mostly just passin through like most people.
they still have problems even today, one of there own is accused of some terrible things i dont even want to think about

http://www.bakersfield.com/102/story/522602.html

Maricopa officer headed for hearing in sex abuse case
The Bakersfield Californian | Wednesday, Aug 13 2008 1:48 PM
Last Updated: Wednesday, Aug 13 2008 1:53 PM
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for a suspended Maricopa police officer accused of having sex with minors.
Garry Ferguson, 30, was in Kings County Superior Court in Hanford on Wednesday where his preliminary hearing was set for Sept. 8, according to court records.
Witness testimony and other evidence may be presented at preliminary hearings. Judges determine at these hearings whether enough evidence exists to bring defendants to trial.
Ferguson is accused of sexually abusing three victims.
He was suspended in April and then arrested on May 3 on suspicion of 12 counts of sexual abuse with three minors who were 13 to 15 years old at the time of the alleged acts.
Steven Smith, Ferguson’s attorney, has said he believes the charges are too severe and that he expects the case to be resolved without a trial.
Calls to Smith were not immediately returned Wednesday
===================================
Would you post that patrol car pic if you have the time?
that or pm me , id greatly enjoy a look at it.

thanks ki6mxl

Didn't realize there was another City of Maricopa. I live in the one in Arizona which is in Pinal county. Its a newly incorporated city outside of Phoenix and the police department is about 4 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.