Marine and Rail Freq file for PSR500/600

Status
Not open for further replies.

beischel

I have asked this in the Marine forum without success so I wanted to give it a try here. Does anyone have a marine frequency file (VHF and even UHF) that they can send me so I can import it into Win500 to load into my GRE (PSR500 and 600) scanners? Or are the conventional frequency files on RR someplace that I keep missing. Also looking for railroad freqs if you have those also. If they are not posted here somewhere, then please email to beischel(at)yahoo.com

Thanks,

Duffy

beischel

Thanks...but

Those lists I found already. What I was asking for was a file that somebody already had that I could simply import into my scanner WITHOUT having to enter them in all manually.

beischel

I am not sure what you mean. What I want is a file to download, that can be imported into Win500 and loaded into the scanner. How is this performed with the search function on radio reference?

Tom_G

Service Search

Press the search button a few times until you see Marine or Railroad on the display.
This is the built-in service seach the radio has.
It will search through the entire range for each of those.

beischel

Press the search button a few times until you see Marine or Railroad on the display.
This is the built-in service seach the radio has.
It will search through the entire range for each of those.

You're referring to the radio search function. The problem with this is that it will only find the frequencies in use during the particular monitoring period and not all the usable marine/railroad frequencies.

Someone out that must have a file with all the marine and railroad frequencies - not just from the search - all that are available for each service so I can import. Just trying to save some time typing all these in manually to Win500.

Don_Burke

You're referring to the radio search function. The problem with this is that it will only find the frequencies in use during the particular monitoring period and not all the usable marine/railroad frequencies.

Someone out that must have a file with all the marine and railroad frequencies - not just from the search - all that are available for each service so I can import. Just trying to save some time typing all these in manually to Win500.

Does Win500 have a fill function? I used fill on Win97 for the railroad frequencies. Most of the marine channels are on 25 kHz spacing so much of the grunt work would be done for you.

mikey60

You could just create a search object for Marine, and another for RailRoads and add them to the scanlist of your choice. Then you can search those bands while doing your normal scanning...

Mike

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
You could just create a search object for Marine, and another for RailRoads and add them to the scanlist of your choice. Then you can search those bands while doing your normal scanning...
And this is exactly why no one has a file with all the frequencies in it!

wwhitby

Feed Provider
I've attached a zip file with two .bin files. One has the marine band VHF frequencies and the other has railroad frequencies. The railroad frequencies are in there by both AAR channel number, and by railroad use.

Let me know if these don't work out ok for you.

Thanks,

Warren

Attachments

• marine_railroad.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 103

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
What we still don't understand is why you'd need such a file, though. You can just add a TSRCH object to your scanlist for the Marine service, and one for the RR service, and do in only 2 objects what you're about to do in about 200.

beischel

What we still don't understand is why you'd need such a file, though. You can just add a TSRCH object to your scanlist for the Marine service, and one for the RR service, and do in only 2 objects what you're about to do in about 200.

Well to state it simply, I wanted all the frequencies loaded into the scanner and not just what a search would find.

Now I did not load all of them since many with the RR were duplicates and just tagged differently. However what the gentleman sent was just what I needed. It took a couple of minutes to clean up for what I needed and saved me a lot of time.

I don't mean to be disrectful to anyone, but sometimes it is nice when people respond with an answer to your question instead of trying to convince you to do it another way. It's not that I don't appreciate suggestions, but there was a reason to the madness and that was not going to be achieved with the scanner using its search function.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I think what everyone was trying to convery was: marine and rail freqs are channelized. The search function will cover all those known channels. Having frequencies programmed between those channels doesn't buy you anything, because there's no traffic there. But if you have a reason, then have at it.

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
I think we were all just trying to make sure that you understood that the searches you were looking for were included in the radio already. Just trying to save you some time and/or teach you something about that cool toy we all have.

Status
Not open for further replies.