Marine ch 16 live feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfxChris

Database Admin
Can somebody do me a favour and listen to the marine ch 16 feed on RR for a bit?
Sea Marine Ch 16
It's listed under Nova Scotia, but I've been listening to it tonight and I'm hearing Aberdeen Coastguard in Scotland communicating with a Scottish vessel in its area having some sort of emergency, 5x5 signal. This is the first time I've really listened to it, so I'm not sure if this is a technical glitch on RR's side (although I don't see any marine feeds listed under Scotland or UK) or this guy has one serious badass antenna setup :lol:

ecps92

True, but in Boston we regularly get Canadian CG and NY/VA area on a band openning.

Even the other night my portable was getting Sector Northern New England a few hundred miles away

That would be one hell of an opening...

hfxChris

Database Admin
Yeah but this would be more like 2,500 miles, sounding like they're in the room next door... Anyway I'm going to keep listening tonight and see what happens.

blacktop

Feed Provider
Heard Aberdeen CG again this morning (1300z) ...report of a dinghy adrift. Only the CG station heard, but very strong...no fading at all. It seems as if it is actually fed from there...

blacktop

Feed Provider
The Aberdeen station is always there on it's scheduled broadcast...always sounds the same . Pretty sure it is being fed direct from the UK. Maybe monitoring regulations caused them to list as NS ? I see lots of controversy surrounding their station funding situation....particularly at Aberdeen....fwiw.

hfxChris

Database Admin
RR's live audio has sections for the UK, so if it is in fact a UK-originated feed there's no reason for the feed provider to list it under NS. Unless the provider is taking the literal Latin translation of Nova Scotia, New Scotland :)

I'm going to submit a problem report to the feed provider asking them to clarify the location of the receiver for the feed..

Status
Not open for further replies.