Marine Corps Marathon--Possible 380 MHz TRS to be Used

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtscho

Database Admin
(Posted this in VA forum, but posting here as well, since it may be of interest...)

In reviewing my notes from last year's Marine Corps Marathon, I noticed that some of the 380 MHz freqs I caught are part of a 380 MHz system in the database. The same system may be in use at this year's Marathon. 381.2000, 381.3375, 381.6875, and 381.8375 were all used last year for Marathon comms. On site 403 of the Quantico system (http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=4676), three of those four freqs are listed. I assume I was hearing that site, especially since that site has excellent signal strength from Reagan National Airport.

Last year, I didn't have a scanner that could track 380 systems, but I'm really looking forward to scanning at this year's Marathon with the 396. Anyway, just something I noticed that might be helpful. Keep an ear to Arlington County/DC/Metro as well.

Dave

Last edited:

dtscho

Database Admin
Well, they were using the 380 MHz system I mentioned, but unfortunately all MCM comms were encrypted this year. I counted twelve talkgroups in use, with absolutely no clear transmissions. I assume everything was encrypted simply because the whole trunked system is encrypted. Guess this means we won't be listening to the MCM from now on.

Arlington and DC continued to provide plenty of good monitoring, however. I'll post what I found on my website soon.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.