Marine Freqs

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
I will admit that in my 40 years of scanning I’ve never listened to anything remotely close to the marine freqs. Just wondering if someone could provide me some of the freqs I might want to listen to. I’m pretty sure I should put in Channel 16. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
157.1250MHz is the SAR frequency for Georgian Bay. Might want to give it a listen.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Channels 16 and 9 for sure. They are the emergency channels Sarnia Coast Guard monitors then assigns an operations channel to. 86 is also one to monitor. I can't remember what channel they use for when the helicopter comes, one of the ship to air channels maybe?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I will admit that in my 40 years of scanning I’ve never listened to anything remotely close to the marine freqs. Just wondering if someone could provide me some of the freqs I might want to listen to. I’m pretty sure I should put in Channel 16. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Just put in all the marine frequencies into your scanner and scan them. In no time you will find the frequencies that are active in your area, that's the easy way of doing it.
Steve