Marinette Co. Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

hightime

I just noticed that the analog traffic on 155.535 with a tone of 173.8 has fell silent. After searching around, I found that analog traffic on 151.1000 with the same tone of 173.8. Anyone know when this happened and why?

Thanks

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings....

Unfortunately I don't have an exact answer for you...but it's my understanding that Marinette SO on 155.5350 has been digital & encrypted for while now. When I was up in Door county last month all I heard on there was digital and encryption. I did hear analog traffic on 155.655 (173.8) which is City of Marinette Police.

Are you sure what you are hearing on 151.1000 (173.8) is Marinette SO? Maybe it's a non-law enforcement county agency or City of Marinette Police (Although 151.1000 *is* licensed to the county).

Tim

hightime

From what I have been hearing, it is Marinette Co SO. Same voices as the old 155.535 analog, that I used to hear, only at the new frequency. Middle Inlet, Crivitz, Athelstane. All over the county. At first I thought that they were using their encrypted system for all their traffic, until I found 151.1000. I was just curious when they did the move and if it was only temporary.

EPHWIS

Premium Subscriber
I did some research about Marinette Co from the official county website and they show $223.8k approved in May 2011 for a Linear Simulcast System Upgrade to Motorola & $131.4k to BayCom for radio narrowband compliance. They also approved an agreement with Michigan Public Safety Communication Member for the Marinette Co Emergency Management 800Mz use. I also came across some Homeland Security grant information where money was awarded to Marinette Co for radio encryption related to protecting Marinette Marine a manufacturer of Naval ships. The total of Homeland grants was $626k; not necessary all for radio communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.