Marion County 911 wants improved public safety communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Ummm.... The only Digital we have officially been submitted for Sequatchie is the ONE P25 800 MHz for the SO... Apparently they are on TACN and no one has submitted the TGs yet?

davo51

Premium Subscriber
Ummm.... The only Digital we have officially been submitted for Sequatchie is the ONE P25 800 MHz for the SO... Apparently they are on TACN and no one has submitted the TGs yet?

Since last August the Sequatchie County Sheriff uses Mototrbo with capacity plus, also has encryption, as well as RAS, Dunlap Police are still on 800 MHz conventional, all county fire departments are using the old VHF frequency that the Sheriff used to use. Fire departments all have their own private channels, as well, but are dispatched from the 155.5200 channel. Medical services are provided by Puckett EMS, which are on Mototrbo

PACNWDude

Motorola Trbo networks have worked well on the west coast. Many municipalities have been using these radios, mostly XPR6550 handheld and XPR4550 mobiles. VHF is knocked down in the trees here, so UHF is also used.

The GPS feature has been a great advantage along with software for monitoring radios in the field. One oil company uses them to track their small vessels near a maritime terminal as well.

One issue here though was when several areas wanted to use Motorola Trbo radios on a Zetron MAX Dispatch system, which is not compatible at all. Zetron is local to some of the police and fire departments that had switched to Trbo radios, now they use APX radios instead, which sent the price considerably higher. They had upgraded Zetron gear before some of the radios, then found out compatibility issues. Just warning to make sure your radio choice is compatible with other items used before spending the money.

davo51

Premium Subscriber
Motorola Trbo networks have worked well on the west coast. Many municipalities have been using these radios, mostly XPR6550 handheld and XPR4550 mobiles. VHF is knocked down in the trees here, so UHF is also used.

The GPS feature has been a great advantage along with software for monitoring radios in the field. One oil company uses them to track their small vessels near a maritime terminal as well.

One issue here though was when several areas wanted to use Motorola Trbo radios on a Zetron MAX Dispatch system, which is not compatible at all. Zetron is local to some of the police and fire departments that had switched to Trbo radios, now they use APX radios instead, which sent the price considerably higher. They had upgraded Zetron gear before some of the radios, then found out compatibility issues. Just warning to make sure your radio choice is compatible with other items used before spending the money.

I am a law enforcement user of the Sequatchie mototrbo system and also a user on TACN, the mototrbo radio is smaller and easier to carry, it is a XPR7550 and we do utilize GPS, I use an APX 8000 on the TACN system, which is a bit heavier, I prefer the TACN system as far as daily use. I am also a HAM, for the past 30 years, so I work a lot with radios and I do prefer Motorola equipment, I use Motorola for HAM dmr and P25, as well as conventional.

Briar51rabbit

Frequency

Since last August the Sequatchie County Sheriff uses Mototrbo with capacity plus, also has encryption, as well as RAS, Dunlap Police are still on 800 MHz conventional, all county fire departments are using the old VHF frequency that the Sheriff used to use. Fire departments all have their own private channels, as well, but are dispatched from the 155.5200 channel. Medical services are provided by Puckett EMS, which are on Mototrbo

What is the Sequatchie County Mototrbo Frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.