Marion County Emergency Ops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker845

the first link, the info is few years old. I been trying get updated frequency plan/template for Marion county for last 2 years.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
I noticed yesterday that I wasn't hearing a peep out of Marion Co. SO. I don't normally monitor their Channel 3 (154.89), but I plugged it in and heard what sounded like normal dispatch traffic there. Same story today. I have no clue what the reason for the change is, or whether it is temporary or permanent. It does seem odd as they have been using 154.74 for dispatch since at least the 1970s. I don't recall ever hearing them switch dispatch to Ch 3 before, but they are two counties away from me so I don't monitor them that closely.

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
I went through that list and it's from 2011. (Don't rush out to copy it ALL to your own lists.) Stayton PD is NOT on 800 (uses VHF), nor do does FD get dispatched on fire North -1. I did like the State of Oregon parks channels! I've been wondering about them. Aurora and Sublimity don't have a police force and contracts to MCSO. Mt Angel, Silverton, Hubbard and Woodburn split into two different channels in the afternoon/evening. South County PDs like Stayton, Turner and Aumsville PDs share another dispatch channel together 24/7, but still have some car to car channels to chat on.

I've also wondered about Marion County Jail and their comms. I heard they have a 800 or UHF trunking system.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
I went through that list and it's from 2011. (Don't rush out to copy it ALL to your own lists.) Stayton PD is NOT on 800 (uses VHF), nor do does FD get dispatched on fire North -1. I did like the State of Oregon parks channels! I've been wondering about them. Aurora and Sublimity don't have a police force and contracts to MCSO. Mt Angel, Silverton, Hubbard and Woodburn split into two different channels in the afternoon/evening. South County PDs like Stayton, Turner and Aumsville PDs share another dispatch channel together 24/7, but still have some car to car channels to chat on.

I've also wondered about Marion County Jail and their comms. I heard they have a 800 or UHF trunking system.

North 1 is still their tapout, but North 6 & 7 are their working channels.

EDIT: Should be mentioned that METCOM dispatches on North and South Channels...South 1-4 are still active, too.

gmitch

I'm attaching a zip with a spreadsheet inside. I pulled all government licenses with a site in Marion or Polk Counties. I deleted the school districts, water districts, and SCADA stuff where it was obvious. Now, I'm just using this to find holes, inputs and anything that looks interesting. Take the notes with a grain of salt. Work in progress.

Attachments

• Salem area.zip
    169.8 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.