Marion County Fire Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

southradio

A few observations over the past many, many months and perhaps someone has more information about what may have happened.

Marion County Fire "North 5": It seems that Silverton, Mt. Angel, Drakes Crossing and Monitor typically use North 7 (154.2125) for a working channel with NORCOM. I rarely have heard any fire activity on North 5 (155.160) and more recently have heard Silverton Police talking to NORCOM on that frequency, identifying it as North 5. Not sure if this is an additional Silverton PD frequency or just a temporary use or if the normal Silverton PD frequency is temporarily out of service.

Marion County Fire "North 6": I remember hearing Hubbard and Monitor fire staff conducting field tests on 154.265 back in 2011 and the frequency was subsequently placed into service but didn't last very long. Instead, those agencies that had been using North 6 (primarily Aurora Fire) have been assigned North 1 as the working frequency. At first, I thought perhaps there were complaints from Eugene's use of 154.265 but now that Lane County has reconfigured the channel plans in that county, that wouldn't seem to be an issue any longer. Anyone have an idea what happened to North 6? I don't recall seeing any posts regarding its demise.

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
I thought that Silverton was dispatched off of MCSO 1.. I too have heard the law enforcement on 155.16, I assume its just another frequency for people to use. Like many have said before, agency agreements are not listed in the database. It is recommended to be a secondary search and rescue frequency as well.

Also fire units still have North 2 and 3, North 7 and North 8 to use...and State Fire, and State training.

Status
Not open for further replies.