Marion County TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsocomm1

Premium Subscriber
good evening For the Marion County radio system are the local city police .(Jasper, Whitwell, S Pittsburgh) are also on the county system as well and if so what are the call signs or is it just MCSO? ( I never hear anything on the cities frequencies when I go into town) ,, thanks in advance..

JesseSVFD

Police runs mainly off of the DMR Motorola Capacity Plus Multi Site (TRBO) (Marion Co Sherrif Dept and Citys Run on TRBO)
Fire Departments run off of The TRBO & VHF, But we mainly run off VHF.

I know our frequencies are all Encrypted From What our EMA Director said. I think the only way you can listen to them is by an expensive scanner, or a county issued Motorola XPR 7550e which is what I have.

Hopes This Answers your Question!

jimg

Premium Subscriber
good evening For the Marion County radio system are the local city police .(Jasper, Whitwell, S Pittsburgh) are also on the county system as well and if so what are the call signs or is it just MCSO? ( I never hear anything on the cities frequencies when I go into town) ,, thanks in advance..
Have you checked the RadioReference database here? It appears that all the information you are asking about is posted there.

HMD

Police runs mainly off of the DMR Motorola Capacity Plus Multi Site (TRBO) (Marion Co Sherrif Dept and Citys Run on TRBO)
Fire Departments run off of The TRBO & VHF, But we mainly run off VHF.

I know our frequencies are all Encrypted From What our EMA Director said. I think the only way you can listen to them is by an expensive scanner, or a county issued Motorola XPR 7550e which is what I have.

Hopes This Answers your Question!

Have you checked the RadioReference database here? It appears that all the information you are asking about is posted there.

So is the entire system fully encrypted, or what?

jimg

Premium Subscriber
So is the entire system fully encrypted, or what?
I don't know, but just looking at the RadioReference database here, it shows this is a DMR trunked system used by Marion and Sequatchie counties. It shows one Marion County talk group is full time encrypted and two Sequatchie County talk groups use partial encryption. Again, this information is shown in the RR database.

HMD

I don't know, but just looking at the RadioReference database here, it shows this is a DMR trunked system used by Marion and Sequatchie counties. It shows one Marion County talk group is full time encrypted and two Sequatchie County talk groups use partial encryption. Again, this information is shown in the RR database.
I know. That's why I asked.

bsocomm1

Premium Subscriber
ty all i have the scanner programed and listen to MCSO,,, i was just wondering if the local cities are also dispatched on the MCSO system ,, i did some listening while i was up there and i think they are ,, heard call signs like 100, 200 300,etc , some sounded like in Jasper and some sounded like in KImball

Status
Not open for further replies.