Marion PD/FD Red channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
Marion PD and FD will have a new channel called the Red channel that they can talk to eachother on in the near future. They are working on it but it's not up yet. As some of you locals may know, a couple months ago, they had channel 1, channel 2, and channel 5 for PD, and a simplex for fire. Channel's 1 and 2 for PD were usable by dispatch and cars and were on the repeater, channel 5 was cars only simplex. They now have switched, channel 1 is still channel 1, channel 2 is still channel 2, but channel 5 is now 'Blue', on the repeater, with dispatch access.

Has anyone been able to confirm what the new PD/FD link 'red' will be?

mws72

Premium Subscriber
kc0jar said:
Marion PD and FD will have a new channel called the Red channel that they can talk to eachother on in the near future. They are working on it but it's not up yet. As some of you locals may know, a couple months ago, they had channel 1, channel 2, and channel 5 for PD, and a simplex for fire. Channel's 1 and 2 for PD were usable by dispatch and cars and were on the repeater, channel 5 was cars only simplex. They now have switched, channel 1 is still channel 1, channel 2 is still channel 2, but channel 5 is now 'Blue', on the repeater, with dispatch access.

Could you list the actual frequencies to channel #?

I am hearing 460.275 (tone 167.9) from time to time down here in Davenport which is the new MPD/Linn Co SO interlink?

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't aware that MPD/LinnCo had a new interlink, where did you find that out? All agencies in state patrol district 11 have a mutual aid frequency that they can talk to eachother on called "Area 11", that's all I knew about.

*EDIT*: Just looked at the database, I wasnt aware that the 460.275 freq even existed! I'll have to program that in and see what I can come up with. Not sure why they'd need a LinnCo/MPD exclusive interlink when they have Area 11 that they were using just fine up until the new one. hmmm....

Anyway, here's the frequencies

Marion PD dispatch 1: 460.475
Marion PD 2: 460.500
Marion PD Blue: 460.400
Marion Fire simplex: 154.160

Last edited:

automan

Marion PD & FD

kc0jar said:

Yes I have
Richard

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
well it doesn't help me at all if you just tell me you know what it is but don't share the info.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
kc0jar said:
I wasn't aware that MPD/LinnCo had a new interlink, where did you find that out? All agencies in state patrol district 11 have a mutual aid frequency that they can talk to eachother on called "Area 11", that's all I knew about.

*EDIT*: Just looked at the database, I wasnt aware that the 460.275 freq even existed! I'll have to program that in and see what I can come up with. Not sure why they'd need a LinnCo/MPD exclusive interlink when they have Area 11 that they were using just fine up until the new one. hmmm....

Anyway, here's the frequencies

Marion PD dispatch 1: 460.475
Marion PD 2: 460.500
Marion PD Blue: 460.400
Marion Fire simplex: 154.160

It was posted on scaniowa about a month or two back. I wondered why they didn't use AREA 11 channel instead too. I have been hearing some out of area traffic through it last week. Have not id those agencies. But will have to look at others on 155.745, but it didn't sound like they were using tone squelch on that side.

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I put it in my scanner a couple days ago, and have been hearing those same agencies. I thought it might be a county sheriff, because I heard one of the units being called as "11-17", and some sheriff's offices in Iowa use their county number, then unit number. Example, my friend is an officer in Tama county, so his number is 86-46. Tama county is 86th on a list of all 99 counties in alphabetical order. That being said, the 11th county is Buena Vista, and I didn't see anything listed for 460.250 in that county, nor on 155.745.

Status
Not open for further replies.