Pwr ERP # of # of (A)nalog
Ref Class Freq Out Out Units Pagers (D)igital
----------------------------------------------------------------------
1 FB2 857.98750 070 392 1 0 D
2 MO 812.98750 035 100 200 0 D

Last edited:

timkilbride

Database Admin
Maybe they will use the digital frequency as a "secure" channel. Harrison County in Western Iowa does that.

hydrolocked

probably not - they'd need 2 radios, then - the "old" channels are 460 MHz, and the "new" channel is 800 MHz.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Last Night

I heard Marion on the dispatch last night here in Davenport. Conditions was pretty good. Just an idea but considering all the channels that they added in the last year. Maybe the new will be a "secure Channel" for certain situations and to allow CRPD and MPD undercover units to co-operate?

derrek_lee_25

anything good ever happen in davenport im going there in may with my baseball team we play pleasent valley and i was going to bring my pro 95 since davenport isnt digital yet

pm1072

I've had that 800 frequency in my BC250D handheld for over a week now, and have yet to hear anything. I'll just keep it on and maybe one of these days it'll be up and running. Perhaps they will use it for the HEAT team (their version of SWAT).

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
Everything I've heard from the officers (I'm a cop, and I grew up in Marion so I know alot of them), is that they are going encrypted. Now, none of them are radio geeks like we are, so I'm not sure they would know they difference between digital and encrypted, but they all think they are going encrypted. We'll have to see. I was just in Marion yesterday and all traffic was still on their analog UHF channels. They did get all new mobile radios not too long ago.

hydrolocked

kc0jar said:
Everything I've heard from the officers (I'm a cop, and I grew up in Marion so I know alot of them), is that they are going encrypted. Now, none of them are radio geeks like we are, so I'm not sure they would know they difference between digital and encrypted, but they all think they are going encrypted. We'll have to see. I was just in Marion yesterday and all traffic was still on their analog UHF channels. They did get all new mobile radios not too long ago.

i sure hope that what they call encrypted is what we call digital, and that we're NOT all on the same page.... otherwise i might have a scanner for sale

derrek_lee_25

i had my pro 95 with me but nothing much happened my brother had his radio from area ambulance and we just listened to cedar rapids pd on that

Status
Not open for further replies.