Marion Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

evansbobby

can anyone tell me the frequencies for the transportation (buses) of Marion Community School system (Marion,IN. 46953). I have emailed the IT/trans. guys and first the tell me it is a non-trunking system then in a later email they say it is trunking and i cannot pick up the signal on my scanner using the frequency listed on the Radio Reference web page database- 854.83750 mhz, and they say they are still on an analog 800 mhz system.
i feel as though they are just not wanting me to monitor this channel. Does anyone know if they are required by law to release this info. to me?
Any info would greatly be appreciated, i just joined R. R. but it says i haven't visted the site since 1969,,Why?

Viper43

can anyone tell me the frequencies for the transportation (buses) of Marion Community School system (Marion,IN. 46953). I have emailed the IT/trans. guys and first the tell me it is a non-trunking system then in a later email they say it is trunking and i cannot pick up the signal on my scanner using the frequency listed on the Radio Reference web page database- 854.83750 mhz, and they say they are still on an analog 800 mhz system.
i feel as though they are just not wanting me to monitor this channel. Does anyone know if they are required by law to release this info. to me?
Any info would greatly be appreciated, i just joined R. R. but it says i haven't visted the site since 1969,,Why?

Schools are not required to tell you anything, especialy with things involving school security which includes the radio system frequencies. The buses are school property and cosidered part of the schools security as well. The school board meetings however do fall under the Freedom of Information Act, but nothing relating to security does!

K9GTJ

Speaking as a school employee (not Marion), school traffic is about the most annoying stuff ever. I keep my school assigned radio off 95% of the time. ;)

evansbobby

ok thanks!
1.this is a trunking system correct?
2. i have a Radio Shack Pro -106, so i would input the primary and secondary frequencies, then the DEC numbers ? where would i find the DEC #'s

Status
Not open for further replies.