Maritime Air Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Hello Everyone

Just wondering if anyone knows if the LifeFlight Helicopter (Air Ambulance) uses any kind of radio system and if so, their frequency. I'm guessing that they just use a frequency of the nearest hospital maybe?

Also wondering the same thing for the RCMP police helicopter in the Maritimes. Do they have their own frequency or just use differnt ones.

And while i'm at it, does anyone have any "secret" frequencies for the RCMP in the Maritimes, preferably not digital or encrypted.

pei006

Just wondering if anyone knows if the LifeFlight Helicopter (Air Ambulance) uses any kind of radio system and if so, their frequency. I'm guessing that they just use a frequency of the nearest hospital maybe?
The LifeFlight from Nova Scotia that comes to the Island uses a talk group on the Nova Scotia TMR.
They dont talk directly to the PEI hospitals. and of course they can use any air frequency.
The helicopter is call sign GIMN Medivac

Also wondering the same thing for the RCMP police helicopter in the Maritimes. Do they have their own
frequency or just use differnt ones.
The helicopter has radios of each district they fly into, so in PEI you will hear them on the normal L Division RCMP repeaters or simplex channels, in Nova Scotia your here them on the RCMP talk groups on the NSTMR, etc.

And while i'm at it, does anyone have any "secret" frequencies for the RCMP in the Maritimes, preferably not digital or encrypted.
the "secret" ones are now P25 encrypted, at least on PEI

G

Status
Not open for further replies.