Marlboro County & Chesterfield County 10 codes & signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

daj0kker

I am new to the scanning world and have 'googled' all over the internet for 10-codes & signals and see there are many inconsistencies and vary from county to county and state to state. Is that confusing or is it me?

Does anyone have a good record of Marlboro Counties & Chesterfield Counties Codes & Signals to share?

Thanks for the opportunity to post.

Thanks
Dave

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Try Kershaw County in the Database

I looked at the database for SC and since there are no files for Marlboro and Chesterfield counties, I started looking at adjoining counties and saw that Kershaw has files listed with 10 codes and signals. While these may not be an exact match, usually they are close enough for adjoining counties to communicate with each other during mutual aid or chases. These should get you going.
Another way to obtain them is if you personally know a law enforcement officer in the county you reside. Explain to him or her that you recently purchased a scanner and are fascinated by the radio traffic you hear but don't have a clue as to what the LEO's are talking to each other about. Tactfully ask if he or she could share a copy of the 10 codes and/or signals with you (some agencies don't allow the officers to do this). Do Not Forget to ask the officer his call or number, if he/she can give it to you, so that you can listen out for his/her traffic. This usually means a lot to an officer that a citizen actually cares enough about them to listen.
Good scanning!

lugoffman

I must say that I used to live in Chesterfield county and my mother still lives there and if you go ask Sheriff Sam Parker for a copy of the ten codes he will give you a copy.or you can even call him at the Sheriff's office. As matter of fact they are almost the same as Kershaw but some difference not much.
Now as far as the siginal codes they will not give you one I have all ready asked him it's for there protection.
Now if you just listen to the conversation you can almost know what they are talking about , sometimes the deputy's don't even know what they are and they will ask over the radio and the dispatcher will tell them what it is.
Thats how I knew what was some of the signals and code was before I summiting it to the RR data base for Kershaw County. Also chesterfield county uses the 800 mhz frequency's a lot and sometimes I have heard them use plain talk on it.

lugoffman

I am new to the scanning world and have 'googled' all over the internet for 10-codes & signals and see there are many inconsistencies and vary from county to county and state to state. Is that confusing or is it me?

Does anyone have a good record of Marlboro Counties & Chesterfield Counties Codes & Signals to share?

Thanks for the opportunity to post.

Thanks
Dave
Well I just looked at my file for the 10- codes for Chesterfield and Kershaw they are the same as Kershaw's but some of the codes for chesterfield are blank so I would guess they are the same as Kershaw and there is only a couple that are blank so they are the same . here is the link to the 10 codes for kershaw which is the same http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=codes&code_id=2350
and here is the one for the signals for kershaw but they may be different then Chesterfield http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=codes&code_id=2499 Hope this helps you out -- Jason

daj0kker

Thanks to all

Thanks to all who have helped me, (da 'noob') with the radio stuff.

I'm sure more to come....

Please pardon the ignorance on my part.

Dave
aka "da noob"

Status
Not open for further replies.