Marlborough Duplicates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this but I have noticed that Marlborough has duplicate frequencies in the database.

Specifically:

Fire/EMS Dispatch & Fire Dispatch Talk-Around
Fire Secondary & Fire Secondary Talk-Around
Police Dispatch & Police Dispatch Talk-Around
Police Detectives & Police Detectives/Special Details Talk-Around

Each one of the secondary channels are the same as the main channel, same frequency and same PL tone.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Go close to the top of the Radio Reference database page for Middlesex Co and you will see a box saying Input Frequencies. Change that from Hidden to Shown. Go back down to the Marlborough frequencies. In the Type column, you will see that Fire Dispatch, Fire Secondary, PD Dispatch, and PD Detectives are marked RM. That means repeater. The mobiles transmit on the input frequency and they are repeated on the output frequency for the other units to hear. If the mobiles or portables cannot reach the receive site, they would be unable to hear each other. For example, if firefighters are inside a building, they may be unable to communicate with each other to fight a fire. In that case, they switch to the Talk-Around channel. The Talk-Around channel is programmed so that they both transmit and receive on the same frequency (Simplex) used by the base station output. Then, they would be able to talk directly to each other as well as hear Dispatch. You only need to program the repeater output frequencies.

Last edited:

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
A submission should be made for an DB admin in that area to clean up the database. Not supposed to list duplicates like that. Yes they are using the channel as a second channel in talkaround but does not need to be entered into a scanner twice.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
The duplicates have been deleted. Along with the duplicates in a couple of other towns. My apologies, I had thought I got them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.