Marquette co ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCNRHEAD

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like marquettes main dispatch is encrypted 95% of the time, 155.190 anybody have an idea of the code and key to decrypt it. Also live in columbia co. So don't monitor all the time; are they also encrypting on 155.565-155.250-154.265.

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like marquettes main dispatch is encrypted 95% of the time, 155.190 anybody have an idea of the code and key to decrypt it. Also live in columbia co. So don't monitor all the time; are they also encrypting on 155.565-155.250-154.265.

Not coded that much really. If your hearing a lot of code then something is cooking. Have never heard them use code anywhere but 190.
Folks with a digital scanner have told me they have no issues decoding it I just wait a bit and they normally let the cat out of the bag.:D

SCNRHEAD

Premium Subscriber
sounds like marquettes main dispatch is encrypted 95% of the time, 155.190 anybody have an idea of the code and key to decrypt it. Also live in columbia co. So don't monitor all the time; are they also encrypting on 155.565-155.250-154.265.

yes when traveling have been useing my psr500, so maybe it is the scanner. No i haven't heard marqutte use it on any other freq's. I'll have to check it out with one of my other scanners. Thanks
psr-500
ar 8000
pro 2042
pro 95

SCNRHEAD

Premium Subscriber
Illegal ?

Last i knew the law was if it's public air waves it was legal to monitor it. Congress changed the law and said you couldn't listen to and or record cell phone communications. Has there been any other laws passed since then? I haven't heard of any. Thanks.

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
Jerkin' yer chain, me thinks, else he misunderstood.

19 is dual-mode, analog and P25. When in P25, it's always encrypted-I've never heard their P25 in the clear. Plus, I've never heard any analog mode encryption-it's always in the clear.

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
If you're hearing traffic in the clear, it's in all probability analog. It might be P25 in the clear, in which case you'll note the audio difference and scanner display telling you it's P25, although I've not heard P25 in the clear on that frequency for a long time.

If you hear only digital noise, it's P25 encrypted. You're out of luck--no decode available to you.

The PSR500/600 scanners are really sensitive, but they don't have the Uniden advantage of auto-muting the encrypted P25. The GRE just keeps on playing the noise. That's an issue to be aware of on a mixed mode frequency like this one.

Since, however, this frequency uses P25 only in encrypted mode (to the best of our knowledge), why not just program in the analog CTCSS code and leave it at that? Then you won't be bothered by the encrypted P25 noise. The worst that would happen is possibly missing some non-encrypted P25 traffic, which no one has heard, however.

tencom

Last i knew the law was if it's public air waves it was legal to monitor it. Congress changed the law and said you couldn't listen to and or record cell phone communications. Has there been any other laws passed since then? I haven't heard of any. Thanks.

Conqress has passed no law to restrict the public from monitoring the Public Service Bands. However the courts have ruled that the public has no constituanal right, to monitor private communications, therefore
law enforcement agencies have the constituanal right to make their electronic communications, unavailable to the general public.

Premium Subscriber
Jerkin' yer chain, me thinks, else he misunderstood.

19 is dual-mode, analog and P25. When in P25, it's always encrypted-I've never heard their P25 in the clear. Plus, I've never heard any analog mode encryption-it's always in the clear.

That for which you claim isn't possible was reported in this very forum. It was analog encryption before there radio update a few years ago...radio tech is around on the forums from time to time.
At any rate your ctcss suggestion is the best one :D

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
What's not possible? Perhaps more clarity in your statement?

Yes, they had analog encryption in the past, but since they put in the new dual mode (analog/P25) radios, I've not heard any analog encryption. Might'a missed it, but ...

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
Marquette's system only allows for analog clear and P25 Encrypted. P25 clear is not an option on the console/radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.