Marquette County Road Commishion Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud229

Is there anyone in the Marquette, MI area that can tell me what the Marquette County road commission is on?
I have both of there Frequencies in my scanner the 151.025 & 151.550 I use to hear them on those frequencies and now all I get is a loud on aand off noise coming across both frequencies.
I put them into my Uniden 250D scanner thinking that maybe if they were on digital on the frequencies it would auto detect to see what they are talking on but no such luck unless I am doing something wrong on my 250D scanner.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Yes. Marquette County Road Commission, recently installed all new Mototrbo digital radios in their equipment. They decided to pursue this course, rather than spending money on the more expensive MPSCS radios. Currently, other road commissions across the "Water-Winter Wonderland State" are also looking at going with MOTOTRBO and NEXEDGE digital radios, since they are considerably cheaper.

73s

Ron

mkoronka

Sounds like it's probably mototrbo.

is it this? MOTOTRBO Digital Sound Sample - YouTube

Bad thing is no scanner out can decode it. I know my county commission went this rout too.
Hopefully since they have a mpscs talkgroup they might come back to be able to listen in.

Search: RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Yes that YouTube clip is all too familiar to me as the county in which I live, Otesgo, took the Mototrbo rout as well. I miss being able to monitor them especially in the winter months.

bud229

Marquette County Road Commission

Yeah that's what it sounds like so that must be what they are on..
They need to make a add on for all the digital scanners.
Anyway I found a decoder that works off of you computer at least that's the way I am reading it anyway you will have to have Linex on your computer anyway I am going to keep looking to see if maybe they will come out with a add on for our scanners.
If anyone finds out any other information write me on here and let me know or if you want to try the web site with the software to decode it let me know how it works if anyone wants to try it.
I know here in my county the road commission went to P25 digital so at least I can listen to them but I would like to hear Marquette County they are north of me.
Here is the web site.

Digital Speech Decoder (software package) - The RadioReference Wiki

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
The St. Clair County Road Commission just recently applied to modify their license to MOTOTRBO. Unknown when they will make the switchover, but it can't be too far off into the future. I know this is going to be a big disappointment to a lot of scanner listeners in the Port Huron area.

73s

Ron

jack3726

I did some searching and found a hit on the link on RR where the decoder for linux has been compiled to be used using cygwin, see Cygwin

Now I don't have a need to decode mototrbo or others currently but if I did I would try the cygwin route.

Here is the link, it says it works using cygwin, so you could just keep your windows os and install cygwin, then install the decoder that is compiled for cygwin.

http://forums.radioreference.com/digital-voice-decoding-software/227386-dsd-windows-port.html

Status
Not open for further replies.